Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

P

Pauldw500

Never thought I'd own a V8 let alone a HSV Clubsport but here's my story. I was lucky enough to get hold of 2009 SS 9 months before Holden went tits up for $9,500.

Screenshot_20220325-201119_Photos.jpg

Car came to me with 190,000k and was total stock. I put a set of muffler deletes on it to improve the note, but that's about as far as I went.

A few months ago I had the chance to swap my SS plus my Yamaha R1...

Screenshot_20220325-201903_Photos.jpg

(total weapon with equal power to weight ratio @ 200hp for 200kg)

For this...

2008 HSV Clubsport with 228,000k

(these plates are mine, was on my SS)

Screenshot_20220325-200844_Photos.jpg

I know...lol, but after a peel, removal of 90% of the disco lights, and a new set of vents she currently looks like this...

Screenshot_20220325-200855_Photos.jpg

I've had a few issues, since I got her and I feel there may be more lol, so have started this thread.

Do love her tho... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pauldw500

So here we go...lol

Ok P2135 struck again today. Pedal to the metal in a quite back street? No, I was sitting outside Supercheap with the engine idling. Sitting there trying to work out why my OBD2 reader keeps crashing (loose connection on cable) when Boom!... car goes into low power mode and starts shaking.

So till I sort this out I drive armed like this...

Screenshot_20220326-163107_Gallery.jpg

2 presses once it goes into low power mode and I'm back.

Oh and when I came home I did pop to the quiet back street to flog it and try and get it to kick in.... and nothing. Hit 8k rpm and she loved it, yet spits a dummy ticking over outside Supercheap...

Reckon I should park outside Autobahn and sees if it still happens?...lol

I laugh but it's a bit of a pain....

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pauldw500

One other ongoing fault which I wonder if it's related to the other electrical faults. 1 in 5 times when I start the car it just dies after 2 or 3 seconds. Ignition must to be turned right back and forward again to start. Only ever happened twice on the bounce but yeah a little bit of agg I spose.

Any ideas guys?

P

Pauldw500

One other ongoing fault which I wonder if it's related to the other electrical faults. 1 in 5 times when I start the car it just dies after 2 or 3 seconds. Ignition must to be turned right back and forward again to start. Only ever happened twice on the bounce but yeah a little bit of agg I spose.

Any ideas guys?
Well this is one I'll just have to live with.

Been a few days since last update. No codes been thrown since so I have my fingers crossed P2135 has settled down...

P

Pauldw500

Oh and here's a giggle....

This is the car with seriously half the disco lights removed. The car had neons underneath and all sorts of blinking stuff lol

I have 2 remotes and none seem to do anything. I'd like to swap the side lights to the same colour.... :D the white LEDs behind the grill I kinda like so will leave them for now. Only a cut of a cable join and a few cable ties cut and its gone so no rush, it looks good at night, quite subtle really.

Screenshot_20220329-082954_Gallery.jpg

Back of the car had a crazy effort that lit up left with left indicator, same on right and lit up like a Christmas tree with brake lights lmao

Gone...

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Honestly, what on earth would posess someone to do that to their car? Who ever thought, "hey, I have a rare sought after car here, so I might f@#k it over by adding ridiculous colour lights all over it!".
Just totally bizarre, must have obviously been an attention seeker.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

This is the car with seriously half the disco lights removed. The car had neons underneath and all sorts of blinking stuff lol

I have 2 remotes and none seem to do anything. I'd like to swap the side lights to the same colour.... :D the white LEDs behind the grill I kinda like so will leave them for now. Only a cut of a cable join and a few cable ties cut and its gone so no rush, it looks good at night, quite subtle really.

View attachment 235727

Back of the car had a crazy effort that lit up left with left indicator, same on right and lit up like a Christmas tree with brake lights lmao

Gone...
That wouldn't pass roadworthy in Victoria....

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual

View attachment 235727

Gone...
Bloody hell, what was the old owner thinking with those o_O

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I think he needed a smacking until he saw as many lights.
I have never gone nuts with lighting and I owned a Lancer at one point :p