Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yuletide Yellow Sticker from WA Police on my VK.

jeffagogo

Reaction score
Website
brakehorsepower.com.au
Members Ride
VK Wagon

Another VK Commodore bites the dust. This time it's my 308 VK Vacationer Wagon which the WA Police took a disliking to.

Yeah, it was getting on in years I must admit, and due for retirement pretty soon. Looks like a forced retirement for the old girl now.

Took the license plates back to Welshpool Licensing Centre the other day. :cry: I won't be relicensing it unfortunately.

More pics & story of it on my car blog:

WA Police Yellow Stickered my Holden VK Commodore Wagon | BrakeHorsePower
Jeff.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so apart form looking like a pos, what didnt they like about it?

Tatiana

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Hak: I think they didn't like the gaffer tape on the front bumper.

jeffagogo

Reaction score
Website
brakehorsepower.com.au
Members Ride
VK Wagon
Lets see....

-Front left tyre not enough tread.
-Worn drivers seat
-'Excessive' oil (their words) on the engine (actually it was power steering fluid)
-Coolant leak.
-Faded number plates

That gaffer tape is coverring a crack when I bumped into my other car (Volvo 264). It's true gaffer tape fixes everthing. ;-)

I guess the police are just doing their job. Has been a constant target for Police in the past due to its appearance. Meh Such is life.

Jeff.

jeffagogo

Reaction score
Website
brakehorsepower.com.au
Members Ride
VK Wagon
That gaffer tape is covering a crack when I bumped into my other car towbar! (Volvo 264). It's true gaffer tape fixes everthing. ;-)

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
Put a new tyre on, fit a seat from its stable mate, gurni the engine, fix the coolant leak, get new plates.
What's the issue?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Lets see....

-Front left tyre not enough tread.
-Worn drivers seat
-'Excessive' oil (their words) on the engine (actually it was power steering fluid)
-Coolant leak.
-Faded number plates

That gaffer tape is coverring a crack when I bumped into my other car (Volvo 264). It's true gaffer tape fixes everthing. ;-)

I guess the police are just doing their job. Has been a constant target for Police in the past due to its appearance. Meh Such is life.

Jeff.
So, Being lazy and not caring about your vehicle is why it was defected.

So a legitimate reason then,

Cheers
Mat

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
So, Being lazy and not caring about your vehicle is why it was defected.

So a legitimate reason then,

Cheers
Mat
god knows what else is actually wrong with it, probably a good thing its not on the road anymore.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
god knows what else is actually wrong with it, probably a good thing its not on the road anymore.
Such simple issues though that could be avoided, And a $50 seat from the wreckers.

jeffagogo

Reaction score
Website
brakehorsepower.com.au
Members Ride
VK Wagon
Yep. I even had a good tyre ready and waiting... and as mentioned above, can use the seat from the spare car. All could have been avoided.

But the biggest issue I had was the the fuel consumption... so, for me, not worth the effort of relicensing. I'll upgrade instead. Perhaps a VL or better. (or a cheap VK if I can find one)

I'm just a bit sentimental over the old VK, you know how it is.

Jeff.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
So what exactly is the point of this thread? Because if it was for people to go aw man screw those dastardly cops I think it backfired.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
In this case, sorry but i agree with the others above.

Why whinge about a car that was never taken care of?
The amount of dirt in the engine, spider webs on the quarter panels and under headlights, dirt inside car, etc etc etc.

If it was a 'old girl' that you respected and had some effort in maintaning it, then fine. But this is neglect on a high scale.

Thank god its off the road, alone its a eyesore, but prob has underlying issues as well.

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
Am I the only one who doesn't think he is "having a whinge"? Looks and sounds to me like he is copping it pretty sweet considering and there are a handful of people telling him how lazy he has been!!

As for you Jeff you lazy bastard :)D) looks like the VK is worth more to part out and sell what's left for scrap than to sell licenced. Could be a blessing in disquise. Can't imagine VK wagon windows etc being in plentiful supply etc etc.

Sent from my ultra sweet ass power mega phone-a-tron 8000

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You could always use it as a project car

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
I'll take it off your hands. I'm looking for a 308 and Kframe for my Vh.

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
Am I the only one who doesn't think he is "having a whinge"?
I don't remember suggesting he is having a whinge and if I thought he was I'd come straight out and say it.

jeffagogo

Reaction score
Website
brakehorsepower.com.au
Members Ride
VK Wagon
Correctly said Aussie V8 It's not a whinge...but a tribute to my 1984 Holden VK Vacationer Wagon.

Well, as I point out in my blog the car was originally purchased as a spare parts and was pretty ratty when I first bought (previous owners had large dog which they transported in back, kids, towing etc). The ironic thing is, the 'other' good Commodore wagon (which cost $4000 ) despite its good condition, it seemed to be cursed. It notoriously unreliable, always gave trouble, a nightmare to start on cold days, etc etc.(evil twin syndrome happens for cars also LOL).

Finally when the trimatic auto trans failed I was fed up with Commodores in general, however despite this bad experience I fixed up the 'ratty' VK and lo & behold it was great. I didn't expect to hold onto this car too long, but I used it for 8 years and it restored my faith in Commodores. I used many parts on the 'good' VK to on the 'ratty' VK. (role reversal now)

Yeah the car had other issues: Water pump timing cover was badly corroded and needed replacing soon, intake manifold would soon need replacing, warped disk rotors, rear shocks need replacing, replace tie rod end, would occasionally stop in hot weather, engine would soon need complete overhall I reckon.

So it was due for retirement anyway... and now can go back to back for spare parts use.

However I'm impressed by this car's reliability and always got me to point A to B and ...yes, I would buy another Commodore.

Also, I have no beef with the WA Police, they were courteous and friendly, even sympathetic. They didn't fine me and gave me the full 10 days of use. As I mention they are doing what Police are supposed to be doing.(no need for long lecture here on police, they are justified). The yellow sticker didn't match the blue paint, I asked for a blue sticker, but they were all out (!).

Cars are like women, there is a time when you have to move on and get a younger model.

Jeff.

frogsta

Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6 MPS 2.3L Turbo AWD
BMW boys hacking on this thread
Exactly Jeff just get a newer model but like the others I don't see the point of this thread, did you want our sympathies or suggestions?
Seems mostly criticism so far though haha.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Never said he was having a whinge, I love how JC users read between the lines.