Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yowies and Sasquatch

immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
I'm just wondering. Do you guy's want me to scientifically proove the existence of a species of ape on a car forum?
I think I have presented a good share of information to put my case forward without actually showing proof that undeniably prooves the existance of a ape species.
If I had such evidence I wouldn't be here talking about it on a car forum I would be receiving a nobel prize for it's discovery.

So now you know you're not going to get a video of an autopsy performed by myself. Look at the evidence I have provided abd tell me there's not something worth looking further into.
You come here claiming then exist but then only regurgitate evidence which has been around for ages without presenting anything new. If the existing evidence was enough than other people who are more intelligent would have put forward a proper case, got it peer reviewed and presented it in a proper scientific publication.

Thought I'd add my 2 cents to this as I've been watching this thread but wasn't to sure if i should post or not because people can be pretty nasty and lets face it, anyone that says anything about it is branded and idiot or mentally ill and of course there are lots of fakers out there just in it to get money or fame. To be honest i was very sceptical of such things as well and even laughed at the idea of such things existing until i had an encounter myself with a good mate.
anyway I'm not out to prove they exist or not, nor would i want to go looking for that terrifying experience again.. like ever again...

i will leave you with this though.. skip to 10min mark if you don't have time
Now there is a man who's opinion I would trust. It's interesting though he points to some evidence and gives a personal opinion but doesn't state it as fact as the OP has.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Thought I'd add my 2 cents to this as I've been watching this thread but wasn't to sure if i should post or not because people can be pretty nasty and lets face it, anyone that says anything about it is branded and idiot or mentally ill and of course there are lots of fakers out there just in it to get money or fame. To be honest i was very sceptical of such things as well and even laughed at the idea of such things existing until i had an encounter myself with a good mate.
anyway I'm not out to prove they exist or not, nor would i want to go looking for that terrifying experience again.. like ever again...

Sir David said: "convincing", "baffling" and an "unanswered problem there". That's nice and ambiguous and doesn't constitute proof.

This thread has digressed into chaos but it doesn't change the fact there is proof and there is belief. Shane is convinced of proof when it is clear this is anecdotal and predominantly based on belief. There is nothing wrong with belief but we seem to live in a world now where belief holds more merit with some than proof, fact or logic. It's a dangerous game

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual

And here we go, how to present your own thoughts on a subject. You believe in it based on personal experience, but recognise lots of people don't.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.

I love threads like this one, reading the arguments, and having a laugh at the thought provoking philosophies, while at the same time thinking of the 'Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog'

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
Look out, they are near surburbia here

I lived near here for 4 years and have relatives that have lived here for 50 + years...

I have relatives that live 30 kays out of Biggenden

Here's another one in surburbia

So why haven't I seen any, nor any of my relatives...

Why haven't more people in the city seen any...1 have posted 2 reported sightings that are near surburbia, yet there is only very limited reports of them

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You come here claiming then exist but then only regurgitate evidence which has been around for ages without presenting anything new. If the existing evidence was enough than other people who are more intelligent would have put forward a proper case, got it peer reviewed and presented it in a proper scientific publication.

Now there is a man who's opinion I would trust. It's interesting though he points to some evidence and gives a personal opinion but doesn't state it as fact as the OP has.
I presented a paper and no one peer reviewed it......... I wonder why. Look at how I've been attacked for merely saying "hey these things might exist" no wonder no one peer reviewed the paper.

Has anyone actually watched the videos of eye witness accounts I posted? I find it a little arrogant if you haven't but are arguing about my "evidence".

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I presented a paper and no one peer reviewed it......... I wonder why.
Wrong, it was peer reviewed, according to the provided notes from Nature (as above, the tone in them and appeal letter is odd, so I have my doubts)

Look at how I've been attacked for merely saying "hey these things might exist" no wonder no one peer reviewed the paper
Wrong, you keep banging on about this undeniable evidence, and getting upset that we don't believe it, with good cause. See above for someobe who states a belief and leaves it at that

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
I have just remembered that there are sub-human species living around Newcastle.
Easily identified by their attire ......... backwards cap, wrap-around sun glasses, black T shirt, trakkydaks, thongs, and carrying a half empty (or half full) 2 litre bottle of warm Coke. Communication is by grunts and shouted (presumed) obscenities and insults, and wild hand gestures.
Method of travel is usually via a chauffer driven 2 door, large blue and white Mercedes Benz.
During the last week, an Audi R8 was seen in the inner Newie suburbs, allegedly being driven by one.

lmoengnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I have just remembered that there are sub-human species living around Newcastle.
Easily identified by their attire ......... backwards cap, wrap-around sun glasses, black T shirt, trakkydaks, thongs, and carrying a half empty (or half full) 2 litre bottle of warm Coke. Communication is by grunts and shouted (presumed) obscenities and insults, and wild hand gestures.
Method of travel is usually via a chauffer driven 2 door, large blue and white Mercedes Benz.
During the last week, an Audi R8 was seen in the inner Newie suburbs, allegedly being driven by one.
Have seen similar in Alice Springs.
Just swap out the bottle of coke, with a Coolibah Cask...