Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I honestly can't remember the brand.....They offered me 2 different ones and being a bit of a tight ass, went the cheaper one....

Once I get it, I'll post up the brand
Thanks.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
Just to update you over the radiator brand.....It is a jayrad brand.....It's a 3 core copper core radiator

I only received it today....The supplier stuffed around the place I was getting it from....Apparently they got 16 pallets of radiators shipped from VIC that got to S.A on Friday and the lazy bastards couldn't be fagged going through those pallets to find my radiator as of Monday...So the radiator place got one overnight freighted straight to them from VIC.....

I fitted to this arvo and discovered the thermostat was sticking....So I removed that totally and with it just sitting idling, temps are more under control....Big test will be tomorrow...Will take it for a run and see what happens....Options will be take the guts out of it and re-fit it, or buy a new one if the temps spike....

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Just to update you over the radiator brand.....It is a jayrad brand.....It's a 3 core copper core radiator

I only received it today....The supplier stuffed around the place I was getting it from....Apparently they got 16 pallets of radiators shipped from VIC that got to S.A on Friday and the lazy bastards couldn't be fagged going through those pallets to find my radiator as of Monday...So the radiator place got one overnight freighted straight to them from VIC.....

I fitted to this arvo and discovered the thermostat was sticking....So I removed that totally and with it just sitting idling, temps are more under control....Big test will be tomorrow...Will take it for a run and see what happens....Options will be take the guts out of it and re-fit it, or buy a new one if the temps spike....
Thanks.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The old window tint was a bit worse for wear and I was umming and arring about replacing it, or at least, removing it

After ringing around to see how much it would cost for a tint joint to remove it........I went onto ebay and got overnight parts from....China

With the $100 steamer it took about 1.5hrs from the start to the finish

No glue, no residue, after pealing it of all it needed was some windex

100x easier and cleaner than using a heat gun

Attachments

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
The old window tint was a bit worse for wear and I was umming and arring about replacing it, or at least, removing it

After ringing around to see how much it would cost for a tint joint to remove it........I went onto ebay and got overnight parts from....China

With the $100 steamer it took about 1.5hrs from the start to the finish

No glue, no residue, after pealing it of all it needed was some windex

100x easier and cleaner than using a heat gun
link please