Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Cruzer, Oct 14, 2015.

1. timandhayley

timandhayley Active Member

Members Ride:
    Astra RS-V Hatch
    Holden dealers are not allowed to advertise brand new cars and most demos anywhere other than their own website. Holden actively blocks out cars and provides Carsales with a list of cars that are allowed to be listed.

If a dealer gets caught, the punishment is hefty and they risk losing their dealership, so I don't think that it's in their best interests. Most manufacturers now operate under this system.

If you do a search now for a 2016 Some like it hot Calais V Sedan anywhere in Australia only 4 generic listing comes up (2 V6 and 2 V8).

2. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), '00 Magna, '17 Carnival

Well there must be a hell of a lot doing the wrong thing if a dip sample is any measure to go by:

The LMF demo (at a ridiculously inflated price) mentioned earlier in the thread is located at Canobolas Holden (courtesy of a google search) and the first car in the link you posted earlier shows exactly where it is too.

Irrespective of what the rules are, the dealer licence number is at the bottom of each listing for anyone to google. In actual fact I've noticed in recent days that the dealer name is printed beside the licence No.

The info isn't hard to find.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  3. timandhayley

Members Ride:
    Astra RS-V Hatch
    That light my fire car is a used car (brought from the Holden company auction most likely).

I see a new HSV listing link, that's a HSV, not a Holden. They make their own rules. You won't find a legitimate brand new Holden on carsales. Holden literally provides a list of VIN's to carsales that are allowed and everything else gets blocked. We even had a customer once who purchased a car and then tried to onsell it quickly. Carsales pulled his car down at Holden's request, because they thought something dodgy was going on!

4. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    I would definitely prefer new but may budge if the KMs are in the low hundreds. I regret not getting this colour earlier because I was keen on the MY17 but now I've thought more about how the pricing would be higher.

Would you suggest that I call up multiple dealerships from across NSW to see if I can source one, or because of the low stock a single dealer can tell me if one still exists that they can source one from / if they're willing to trade from another dealer or not?

Many thanks!

5. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Hi unfortunately I just noticed those listings don't have dealer codes underneath. Looks like timandhaley is right here about them being generics; I'll probably need to do some phone calls tomorrow to see if one can be dug up. But really appreciate your help!

6. ve safari

ve safari Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
    Scroll right down to the bottom and you will see the dealer code and name

tml678 likes this.
  7. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Hi mate, unfortunately the two generic listings do not have the dealer code and name under their listings (unless I have missed something here?). I do appreciate your help, thanks!

Will have to do a bit of calling around today!

8. Martyr

Martyr Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SS
    You should try www.motorbuys.com.au to source the best price. It's actually free to use now - just ring them up after filling out the details and they will jump you through a couple of hoops to make sure you're serious.

tommy_z likes this.
  9. blackve76

blackve76 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
    Note 4 day sale with 5 yr warranty on MY16 stock.

wont get that on MY17 sales ever, glad on did on mine as will keep until fuel runsout.

10. Martyr

Martyr Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SS

I thought that was only for applicable vehicles. The only Commodore on offer is the SV6 Black.

11. timandhayley

Members Ride:
    Astra RS-V Hatch
    The offers are always on everything (in very rare instances they have exceptions). Even when you see the offer only showing on SV6 Black Edition for instance, we can still do the same thing on all cars in the model line.

blackve76 likes this.
  12. Jag150601

Jag150601 New Member

Members Ride:
    Rav4
    Not sure if this has already been covered just wondering has gold card discount on ssvr changed form 2016 to 2017

13. Plonker

Plonker Member

Members Ride:
    2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
    I can confirm that this includes SSV-Redline also.

Attached Files:

14. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Does anyone know if Motorbuys will include Demos plus other colour options? I did this exercise earlier today and got the call from them so all good. However I did go calling three large dealers in Sydney they all gave the answer that there are no Some like it hot Calais Vs left. Looks like I may have left my run too late sadly! Or is this fate telling me I buy a V8? :p

@timandhayley Really appreciate your advice on this; can you advise in regards to those Demo / ex GM vehicles how easily they can be found? Thanks!

15. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Unless you absolutely have to have a V6 for whatever reason, strongly consider an eight. You won't ever look back and think 'I wish I bought the six instead'

The same can't be said the other way around.

Just my two bobs worth :)

16. chrisp

chrisp Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
    And as a bonus, the V8 will make you new friends too. You'll be on first name terms with your petrol station attendant before you know it.

:)

17. timandhayley

Members Ride:
    Astra RS-V Hatch
    Holden has an auction once a week, every Thursday. It's just a matter of waiting for certain colours to come up. Some Like it Hot, Regal peacock, Jungle green are dealer order only colours, so it would need to have been a marketing department car, etc (they're allowed to order the bright/different colours). There's nothing available this week in that colour, they're all White, Silver and Prussian Steel. These are the colours regularly available at auction, because they're safe colours to re-sell.

18. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Thanks for explaining that. Does this mean I need to call up dealers each week to find if they have bought anything at this auction on the Thursday or will these be the ones appearing on Carsales from the dealer?

@chrisp and @tml678 Absolutely understand where you are both coming from. I guess the colour is at the end of the day most important for me and a MY16 V8 Calais would probably be close in price to a MY17 V6. I wonder if the V8 stock is as dire as the V6 in this colour?

19. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Does it have to be brand new? There's four or five demos/used on carsales with low kms at reasonable prices.

You could always buy a different colour one and get it resprayed by a good panel shop..

20. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Definitely New or a Demo with very very low kms. Bought used twice before and both times had awful reliability. If the colour I want can't be obtained as a New or low km Demo then I'll go with next best (Son of a Gun is alright!). :)

tml678 likes this.