Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ front radius rod bush replacement

Coolvz

VZ Executive 3.6 auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6 Auto
Hi,

I had new tyres fitted last weekend and they said that the front radius rod bushes need replacement, one has completed leaked. They have quoted $400 to supply and fit the bushes does this seem right? I live in Canberra if someone can direct me to a mechanic who will do the job if the quote I have got is too much.

Cheers
Joe

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Did you go to Tyrepower in Belco? They tried the same thing to me after I had my old ute lowered and it only had 30k on the clock. They said they couldn't do an alignment because of it and the gave me a quote to fix it. Took the car somewhere else, they did an alignment with no issues and no bushes needed doing.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
The bushes do flog out as their gel filled and eventually pressure and time get the better of it. At 30 000 Kay's i say no, but everyone I've known with a vz (myself included) needed them at 100 000ish. I replaced mine with nolathane to do away with the gel filled rubbish Holden ones. From memory it was about the $150/$200 mark from memory (check eBay)

Coolvz

VZ Executive 3.6 auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6 Auto
I went to Jax who found the flogged bushes but won't be using them for the reason they still aligned the wheels even though they have to realign again with the new bushes so I pay twice found a workshop in Woden to do it with Pedders Nolathane bushes for $360 including alignment.

Thanx