Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP V8 Auto trans problems..

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
i know you said your dipstick showed full when the car was warmed up, but was that on totally flat ground, like in your shed or something? cos just a bit of an angle and the reading will be out and these trannies dont like to to be overfilled at all trust me, ive had problems of my own. if nothing works out for you though and you think you may need a rebuild, i suggest you try some stuff called 'lucas transmission fix'. alot of people will say that a bottle of additive wont do jack ****, but after i was having transmission issues of my own, i added this stuff in and within a few hours i saw a noticeable improvement. google it for reviews about it if your not sure, thats what i did and theres lots of people that have had good things to say about it. it goes for around $20 at repco and super cheap places like that, if your gonna spend $2000 on a rebuild give this a shot first :thumbsup:. just realised i sound like i work for them lol. good luck mate

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
thanks zskinner. yeah it sits on the full hot mark at operating temperature in park and on flat ground. i did try putting some additive in there. some wynns something or other. it did seem to make an improvement which was encouraging, but its still not right. its not slipping now which is good, its just not grabbing the right gears at the right times. might just keep driving it for a bit longer, cos the more i've driven it, the better its gotten so far. if it comes to needing a rebuild, i'll probably throw the auto in the bin and do a manual conversion.

cheers.