Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Wagon - Tailgate Plastic

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
hey there,
i have a 1991 VN s2 Wagon, which is getting a nice coat of paint soon and interior re-done,
i am wondering if there was a piece of plastic that runs across the tailgate under the tail light, and if so would they be the same as the VS wagons?..

Any help would be appreciated..
Cheers,
Ryan

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
i dont think the VN had that?? i could be wrong though. i had a s1 VN berlina wagon which didnt have it. i've now got a VP series 2 berlina LX wagon and it does have it... i'm thinking of pulling it off anyway, it looks crap lol.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
my vn series 2 berlina wagon didnt have one. some of the toyota lexans had something like that tho.

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
yeh, im only really after one because i got the tailgate carpet redone because of someone burning a hole in the old carpet, and they had a piece of scrap that was almost right, just not quite tall enough so i can see metal and whenever i put the brake on i see the white from under the plastics

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
you mean the inside trim part, sorry i thought you meant mould on the out side. im not sure when they changed them but there was a one piece plastic trim which covered the stop light, not sure they were vp or vr.