Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vaping / E-Cigarettes

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Darren, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Darren

Darren Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV Clubsport R8 E2 M6
    I hadn't seen any threads on vaping or e-cigarettes and thought I'd try and gauge how many we have out there? What hardware you have and more interest to me what juice vendors out there you use?

Bit of history I was smoking 30 - 40 a day on a good day now down to the odd packet every few weeks on a weekend.

It took me 3 e-cigarettes before I finally found the provari suited my needs and gave me the hit I required, tried all sorts of tanks (iClears, cartos, protanks) but seem to be stuck on the Kayfun with the odd protank 3 being used although have the Aspire Nautilus BVC on the way which from the reviews seems to be a fairly decent choice at the moment with the BVC.

Juice vendors I'm still up in arms over this one, Nicoticket so far would have to be my favourite and have spent upwards of $300 on juice sitting on the fridge and I've been told I should use some before additional purchases - tend to agree actually.

Keen to hear what others have to say on this one.

2. Pollushon

Pollushon Boost gives me a bar....

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    I've been through a few myself and found the VapeKing kit really good quality. Lasts ages, 3 days on liquid and 1 day on charge. Spares are cheap and it uses the standard eGo thread so it can be mixed and matched.

I also use their flavours but get my nicotine from Heaven Gifts.

Haven't touched a traditional smoke in a while now.

3. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    VX SS Manual, VX SS Auto, VU SS Auto
    Yea i tend to swap in and out of my E-cigs depending on cbfness, i mainly just use them so i can smoke inside without the wife bitching.

I'm using Kanger T3 bottom coils (pretty sure they stopped making them i just ordered 30-40 of em back on the last big order) with eGo batteries.

Got my last batch of stuff from HealthCabin since they had both Liqua fluid and a few other brands i like, i mainly use Liqua smoke juice.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Disco
    I like the flavoured disposable ones. Great for keeping the hand occupied.

5. Darren

Darren Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV Clubsport R8 E2 M6
    I wish my ecig would last a day! I generally swap it out before I head home from work.

I had one similar to the VapeKing kit which I use going out every so often as the provari is huge especially and then when you add the bigger battery and kayfun on the end of it could be seen as a weapon I'm sure.

I'm stuck on Wakonda juice at the moment from Nicoticket, found a site this morning The Dodgy Brothers which looks good so put in a order for 3 bottles which should give me a chance to knock over a few of the other juices I have at my disposal.

6. monkey

monkey Donating Member

Just out of curiosity does an e cigarette emit fumes, if so how much and are they harmful? I noticed a no smoking sign that said "this includes e cigarettes". Well done to everyone trying to quit or using a less harmful alternative by the way.

7. Pollushon

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    Flavour ingredients, vegetable glycerin and/or propylene glycol vapour fumes are emitted. If you mix in nicotine there's a bit of that also, but from what I've learned from various sources is that very little, if any nicotine comes back out.

There's not enough empirical data to show whether it's 'safe' but given you're not burning carcinogens it stands to reason it's a bazillion times safer than cigarette smoke.

8. monkey

monkey Donating Member

If then e cigarettes were proven to have a negligible harmful effect I think it may be a good idea to make them acceptable to use in most places where traditional cigarettes are banned.

9. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    never tried the e-cigarettes , was on 2 packs a day of Marlboro myself , but gave up cold turkey 5 years ago when I turned 40 , tried the nicorette gum for a day or two but decided the best way was to go completely without , never looked back , and can honestly say that I don't miss it .

10. Pollushon

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    I think the fact traditional cigarettes are the ultimate in legalised deadly habits, shows that all the bullshit surrounding eCigs are from governments arseholes puckering up for the potential smashing of the multi-billion dollar excise currently being raked in.

11. Pub247

Pub247 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Ford Fairmont
    I used e cigs to help me quit last year was on them for about 2 months and now havent smoked in over a year. My missus is also using e cigs now. One of the best things we've done so much cheaper than smoking normal cigs.

12. Wozza

Wozza Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR_GS commodore
    Know its an old thread..just bumping it as just started on e-cigarette's after a few ppl recommended it...so far liking it far more than cold turkey or patch's....

13. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    VX SS Manual, VX SS Auto, VU SS Auto
    im still sorta swapping in and out between e-cig and regular smokes.

The quality of the e-cig equipment has really improved over the last 2 years.

Still favoring my LIQUA (Italian flavor) juice though, still the best stuff i've found.

14. Rajesh Koothrappali

Rajesh Koothrappali Banned

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    Related to this.... Did the annual cost of around $15,000 impact your decision to smoke that much at all?

I have no idea what the same volume of smoking an e-cigarette costs. I imagine it's a lot cheaper.

15. edals

edals Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE Equipe
    It's definitely alot cheaper. $50 will get you through 6 months quite easily.

16. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    Any of you guys ever made a crack stick with ecig liquid and a coffee filter? I've heard they're the bomb haha