Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting VT headlights.

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by LukeTheRev, Jul 30, 2012.

1. LukeTheRev

LukeTheRev New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Berlina, 3.8l, Series II
    Hi all, I recently tinted my boot garnish and tail lights and haven't had a problem with the lights not showing, and never been pulled over for it. Was wondering if it's illegal for head lights to be tinted, and if there's a certain darkness I can do it too, cheers.

2. showbags

showbags SENIOR EL'BAGO

Members Ride:
    VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
    Illegal, dangerous & stupid. Most people put brighter globes in so they can see better. Not make them darker.

3. GAMBLR

GAMBLR More trouble than u think

Members Ride:
    '04 VZ Calais LS1
    It is illegal for any light to be obstructed, and this includes tinting. Anything that reduces light output, no matter to what degree, is not permitted for a road worthy vehicle. Most Police will not focus on taillight tinting if it's not too dark. But your car will fail an inspection, and you can be defected for it. You've just been lucky so far.

As for headlights, thats playing with fire. If you want to darken your headlights, search for how to black out the insides like an SS, or buy a set of headlight covers and tint them so they can be removed at night. The latter might still earn you a defect, but at least it's not a permanent change to the lights.

4. Tim Smtih

Tim Smtih Sexy Man

Members Ride:
    just buy a v8 lol