Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
It’s the same sort of frustration i feel when criminal‘s don’t get thrown back into the slammer when they continue with their criminal offending while on parole conditions. Some well publicised parolees have commited offences when on parole, being caught, released back into the community and then murder someone (or killed someone via their driving) while on parole with new court cases pending...

It’s pathetic and just wrong to have such a lack of real law enforcement where honest citizens pay the price via crime that could have been avoided had these criminals been thrown back into the slammer. We need harsher punishment :mad:

As you can guess, I’m not a turn the other cheek kind of guy :p
Some of these idiots enjoy the slammer....3 meals a day, a roof over their head, free hospital, dental and optical cover...And to top it off, get paid to be in there....

It should be upto the victim/s what punishment gets dealt out, not some doo gooder.....Take for example.....They're on parole and kill someone as a result of their driving.....Wow, they get a government (hard working aussie) paid holiday for 5 years (give or take a few), whilst the victims family has a life time of punishment, with them not being there.....

Does that sound like fair punishment? For the doo gooders yes, but for me, no

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
It seems that every day we see on the news that some teenagers have stolen a car and are hooning it up on the road. Off to court they go, out on bail only to repeat the offence..

No mention is made of the parents. Why aren't they in court with their children? No mention is made of how they were able to steal the cars in the first place. How were they able to get the keys?

How many of us have their keys hidden? How many of us have some form of security on our cars? How many of us have something as simple as a kill switch? I believe it is made far to easy for these youngsters to get the cars in the first place. Perhaps the insurance companies should take these matters into consideration when making a payout. Might change peoples attitudes regarding security of their cars and reduce the amount of car thefts.

Another option would be to bring back the birch. Flog the little shits.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It seems that every day we see on the news that some teenagers have stolen a car and are hooning it up on the road. Off to court they go, out on bail only to repeat the offence..

No mention is made of the parents. Why aren't they in court with their children? No mention is made of how they were able to steal the cars in the first place. How were they able to get the keys?

How many of us have their keys hidden? How many of us have some form of security on our cars? How many of us have something as simple as a kill switch? I believe it is made far to easy for these youngsters to get the cars in the first place. Perhaps the insurance companies should take these matters into consideration when making a payout. Might change peoples attitudes regarding security of their cars and reduce the amount of car thefts.

Another option would be to bring back the birch. Flog the little shits.
You can't blame the car owners for their cars getting stolen.
People break into houses to steal the keys while people are in bed.
Like wise you can't blame the parents.

It's the governments fault in QLD as they implemented the catch and release policy. Or the Rex Hunt policy.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
... you can't blame the parents.
Agree with what you say except the above.

Some parents can indeed be blamed for their complete and utter lack of parenting skills and the fact they are passing off their criminal and violent nature to their kids...

I‘ve said it before, you need a license to have a dog but anyone can have kids.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute V6
Noticed its raining in Perth wtf.? This never happens... so I got in the VE Pressed the esp off button and clicked it into sport shift mode. And went for the longest drive to the local shops getting it sideways on most corners... Best day driving in a long time
This^^^^^^^^^

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
Yeah good tradies are hard to find. Having been an owner builder I know this too well. Young builders these days don't seem to have the same skill of those born in the 50s - 70s.

I'm a baker by trade but stopped baking a fair few years ago now. I was trained by some highly skilled very pedantic bakers, and went to what was probably the best bakery trade school in the Country (Regency). I can bake almost anything, whereas these days you struggle to find a decent bakery, yet in the 80s - 90s there were heaps of great places with good food. Baking trade is dying IMO, the apprentices only know how to make what the business sells, and couldn't work anywhere else because lack of skill. And rough, the products I have tried over the last few years are awful. My daughter is a baker, but unfortunately she lacks skill, as her trade school only taught her what her employer wanted her to know, which was pretty much bread making. I sometimes feel I need to open a bakery so I can train her in the old ways, where everything was done from scratch, instead of opening a bag and pouring in water. Also skills like shaping a loaf by hand, and moulding it by hand, instead of dropping a lump of dough into a machine to process. Also, the old ways of allowing dough to rest, where as now it's pull it from the mixer, chop it up, throw it in the moulder and in the tin ready for the prover. This is the reason why so much bread tastes awful these days compared to years ago.
I know exactly what you're saying mate. I'm a baker by trade too, been out of the trade for a few years now though. Done my apprenticeship making everything from scratch, My boss done his trade in Switzerland and taught us apprentices the way he was taught.
All bakeries now make and sell the same generic crap. Shitty custard tarts and mock cream in everything.
Cant find a decent sour dough anywhere.
Baking really is a dying art

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
In the way things are going, been a baker might bring the dough in the bank. The economy is shitty, distribution is going to fail misserably. People with useful skills will make it through and to be honest, I would not mind fixing your mixer for some fresh baked bread.