Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Viral Thread

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV and VE SV6

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C

Shangus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Magnum ute and VZ Cross6 One Tonner
Here's an even scarier stat. 100% of people of the age of 75 will die with a case of life.
Very clever, I see what you did there, because they are old they are not worthy. So just because someone is over 75 they don’t deserve a right to life? We are all going to die, does that mean all life is forfeit? Have you forgotten the sacrifices that generation made for the good of our country and your lifestyle? You are presenting as heartless and self centred, I suggest that you consider broadening your life experience.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Very clever, I see what you did there, because they are old they are not worthy. So just because someone is over 75 they don’t deserve a right to life? We are all going to die, does that mean all life is forfeit? Have you forgotten the sacrifices that generation made for the good of our country and your lifestyle? You are presenting as heartless and self centred, I suggest that you consider broadening your life experience.
No that's not what I said and you're making up you're own ideas on the situation.

I merely stated a fact and you came up with all that on your own.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Here's an even scarier stat. 100% of people of the age of 75 will die with a case of life.
Seeing as you're trying to be smart, I fixed it for you.

We've asked this many times Shane, but what % of deaths is acceptable to you? Extra points for decimal places.

No that's not what I said and you're making up you're own ideas on the situation.

This could be written in response to 99% of your replies.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Seeing as you're trying to be smart, I fixed it for you.

We've asked this many times Shane, but what % of deaths is acceptable to you? Extra points for decimal places.

This could be written in response to 99% of your replies.
Percentage of deaths from this pandemic? Or percentage of deaths avoidable during this pandemic?

Of course all deaths that can be prevented is a good thing but. Preventable is a wiggly line so we can't really say what is acceptable and unacceptable.

And to be fair when we compare death rates between USA and another country it should not be a country but rather the EU.

Also the USA has a much higher testing rate than other countries which should also be taken in account.

immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
It doesn't matter how many people you test when there are 400,000 dead!

1 in 5 deaths (around the world) from Covid 19 are in the US. The US is in the top 10 countries of deaths per capita. It doesn't matter how you try to spin this, it is bad.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Percentage of deaths from this pandemic? Or percentage of deaths avoidable during this pandemic?

Of course all deaths that can be prevented is a good thing but. Preventable is a wiggly line so we can't really say what is acceptable and unacceptable.

And to be fair when we compare death rates between USA and another country it should not be a country but rather the EU.

Also the USA has a much higher testing rate than other countries which should also be taken in account.
You inferred that 1% of over 75s being dead is a low number to avoid having to introduce lockdown measures.

So, what number is acceptable to you in order to not limit movement of people to curb the spread.

Presumably you think that more tests = more natural deaths mistakenly assigned to covid.
Australia has about half the number of tests per capita (480 Vs 800 per 1000 pop).
So why does Australia not have half the pro rata deaths of the US?

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Last edited:

Shangus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Magnum ute and VZ Cross6 One Tonner

You merely cherrypicked the fact that everyone over 75 will die anyway due to “life”. How cold and callus. We all will die at some point in due course, but why should over 75’s be considered dispensable?