It takes just a moment to join our fantastic communityRegister
I have the same problem with both rear doors. Can you please tell me how you repaired the problem. It has been 5 years since you posted so hopefully you will see thisI have an issue with the rear door on my VZ - it is permanently locked. I can find truckloads of information on changing out the actuator but all assume the door is open. As far as I can tell I can't open the door until I remove the actuator, but the actuator can't be removed without the door being open!
I have seen plenty of threads asking how to fix this, but I have not been able to find a suitable response.
I do not mind hacking open the door card (I have a spare), but I don't know how to proceed once I have done so.
I am starting to think the solution would be a gas axe from the outside!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Some with VY/VZ's will be familiar with problems with locking the car, often being caused by the actuator.
1. Disconnect battery
2. Remove Door trim and peel back the plastic guard to allow access to the rear half of the door. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/removing-vy-vz-door-trim.70606
3. Disconnect the clip on the link for the interior handle, then remove the link from the door.
4. Disconnect the clip on the link for the exterior handle, the link should now just pull up and out so it will be out of the way.
5. Loosen the 3 screws below the lock. They are Torx screws, but you can get away with using a close sized hex if you're like me and don't have any torx bits. Then unplug the actuator from the loom in the bottom corner of the door.
6. Remove the 3 screws fully and lower the assembly out of the door.
A bit of CRC contact cleaner wouldn't go astray in the connections at this point whilst the assembly is out.
For Re-assembly just do it in reverse.
Hope this helps someone
If it doesn't work from the inside check the linkage from the inside handle to the actuator.