Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Output (RWKW)

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by ssavage, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ssavage

ssavage New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV 9.5
    I have got my SSV (MY9.5 L76 eninge) booked in to D&T to have Full 2.5" Stainless Exhaust, 1 3/4 Extractors, Highflow Cats, OTRCAI and a Mafless dyno tune on the 2/2/10. They are also removing the AFM when they do the tune. i was just wondering what RWKW i can expect when they dyno it?

Also what price would i be looking at to get Stage 2 Shift Kit, a 3k Stall Converter and eaither 3.45 or 3.7 Deff Gears

2. Unit_01

Unit_01 New Member

Members Ride:
    MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
    At a rough guess, around 270-300rwkw??

3.7s are around $1400-$1500.

The 3.45s can be had for as little as $500 on eBay and LS1/JC forums.

3. simon.w

simon.w New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    That's very optimistic, particularly on an auto. Stock it will be pushing around the 200-210rwkw mark ... Full exhaust, OTR, maffles tune may get you 40-50 ish.

You won't get anywhere near 300 without a decent cam or forced induction ... even that would be a stretch with an auto.

4. cheesy_j

cheesy_j New Member

Members Ride:
    08 VE SS
    Exactly.
    300 for that your dreaming.

I'm getting a full 3 inch DiFllipo system with headers and cats, Cam & CAI with tune and i hopeing for around 300rwkw

U will be lucky go get 250

Do a sarch through the showroom and see what people with the same mods are getting

5. redcv6

redcv6 supercharged intercooled

Members Ride:
    vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
    who cares what the number is mate, its how fast it gets down that track that counts

6. simon.w

simon.w New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    you're only saying that cos you've got a supercharged 6! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

7. GKW

GKW Donating Member

Members Ride:
    2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
    Basically the same mods on mine and I went from 211rwkw to 257rwkw.

8. M500

M500 New Member

Members Ride:
    2009 VE SSV Ute
    My brother had his VE Calais tuned by D&T with the same modifications proposed by you with the 3.7:1 gears and he made 267RWKW with about 500kms on the clock (ie. brand new car). When they tuned his car the "disconnected" the AFM rather than "remove" it because it is a fairly expensive excercise given that the heads need to come off the car and remove/ replace some parts to do this and it is unnessesary unless you are putting in a decent cam.

As far as 300RWKW are concerned, my VE SSV ute made 308RWKW with about 1000kms on the clock. I have the same mods other than a set of 3" pipes, a 2800rpm converter, a VCM Suite stage 7 cam, lifters, etc and because of the cam, all the AFM gear physically removed.

We had a race on a private road and although I beat him convincingly, there wasnt that much in it. Having said that I had ony just got the car back and just planted my right foot in "D" with traction control on.

Good luck with the mods and I hope you acheive an acceptable power level that you are happy wth.