Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Policeman 'set rope trap' for trail-bikers

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Turd Ferguson, Feb 27, 2012.

1. quick308

quick308 Member

Members Ride:
    1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
    LMFAO, you seem to think kids of this age are exempt from the law. There's motocross tracks and heaps of places you can go in the bush, that's where I went. when my dad couldn't take me I'd walk it a couple of km's till I got there. fortunately "having fun" is not a legitimate excuse for what their doing, why stop there though why don't we let the hoons use our roads as their burnout strip as well, what would be wrong with that their just having fun.

It seems the minority feel the same way you do.

Judging by the age they were when this incident happened they were most likely unlicensed. I've seen some of "these guys" go tearing through work sites doing at least double the posted limit. I'll never forget one in particular. While I was doing traffic control I was just told I could release my traffic, the road was one laned only three metres in width to let cars through. My traffic was already sent then I hear over the radio that this guy on a bike ran a stop bat. He only just managed to get out of the way of the on coming traffic. He wouldn't have been so lucky if a truck was coming the other way. I've also been close to running some of them down when out driving, they ride out in front of you and expect your gonna be able to stop. The road is a dangerous place as it is the last thing we need is unlicensed kids riding on our roads.

That's a bit of an assumption, don't forget it says in the story that "he had never mentioned anything about Pow holding a rope when he gave a statement to police a week after the incident. Isaac told the court he had seen the other end of the rope tied to a nearby lamp post, but he admitted he had also failed to mention this in his police statement.
    When questioned by defence lawyer Karen Vernon, he denied making up a story about the rope and said he had been "mistaken" in his police statement and had forgotten the details."when people start changing their stories, or adding things as they go it sort of makes you think "can I trust this person".

2. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    Again, a couple of kids riding pit-bikes through reserves is A LOT different to hoons ripping skids and drifting in neighborhoods, you can't even begin to compare the two.

For example, if a hoon loses control there is a lot of damage to be had, such as the car ending up in someone's loungroom, however, if one of these kids loses control on a pitbike they are most likely only going to hurt themselves, can you comprehend the difference?

Let's step away from the whole "these damn whippersnappers and their noisy motorbikes late at night" arguement, and come back to reality, you can wave your walking stick around in the air with anger for as long as you want, these innocent kids were only doing what boys do best.

3. Rufys

Rufys Banned

Members Ride:
    VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
    There is absolutely NOTHING innocent about breaking the law!

You can compare it to any other illegal activity? Why BECAUSE THEY'RE ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. They all have consequences that are bad and can end in serious injury or death to those involved or innocent bystanders.

You attitude is pathetic! It's people like you that become (or are) irresponsible parents.

4. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    So that makes it ok for off-duty police officers to break the law also? Cool I'll just go down to the local skatepark and start bashing kids because they knocked over my rubbish bins this morning?

How can a kid riding a motorbike in a paddock cause serious injury or death to anyone but themselves? Explain, I'm excited to hear your answer.

Your mentality and logic is flawed.

5. Rufys

Rufys Banned

Members Ride:
    Simple - another small kid or todler running around un-supervised (by an equally irresponsible parent) and gets hit and dies from injuries sustained. Now I'm curious, why does that excite you?

For what it's worth, my mentality and logic is perfectly rational and in line with modern laws, safety and responsibility.

6. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    And why would a toddler be running around in a paddock at 10pm at night? It excited me to see what your mind could create next.

As is mine, now don't get me wrong I'm all for prosecuting those that break the law, but this is hardly a case that is of interest, the only reason it made the news is because of the police-officer and his wrong-doings!

7. Rufys

Rufys Banned

Members Ride:
    Why would kids be riding around a paddock at 10pm at night? Responsible parenting dictates that kids should be in bed or pretty bloody close to being in bed by 10pm at night!

You may thing you are being perfectly rational, but by definition of irrational you can't rationalise your own irrational-ism.

8. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    Why do I have to continue to explain very obvious differences?

It's 2012, kids are up to a lot more than you think in their teens, a toddler on the other hand is anywhere between 2-3 years old?

I'm just trying to get people to look at the big picture, let's be honest, what do we want more, abusive off-duty police officers or noisy kids having fun? (you can only choose one)

9. magnetvh

magnetvh New Member

Members Ride:
    VH SL/E 381pack
    Give it up. U makin a mountain out of a mole hill.

Boys will b boys. Enuf said

10. Tsunamix

Tsunamix Active Member

Members Ride:
    VT 2
    Heres a tip.

It's against the law.

I dont give a rats curly ass hair where else he is supposed to ride, licenses, noise etc, its against the law.

If the kids get off withough being charged and the parents get off without being charged then I can ge off for driving at 77 in a 60.

If the copper gets off for attempted bodily harm, or active endangerment then I can get off for driving drunk. (this is an example not a statement of fact).

They all need to be locked up together for a week, with no aircon, and a shared bed.

11. quick308

quick308 Member

Members Ride:
    Who said anything about drifting?, i mentioned burnout's for the reason that it's quite safe if your stationary. does that make it right? should i be let off because i was just "having fun". The point is it's ILLEGAL, if you go the places where it's legal to use one you won't have any drama's, common sense mate.

Like i said I was talking about burnouts. Drifting and speeding are far more dangerous than dropping a burnout while stationary. Unless the vehicle can fly or magicly float i can't see it ending up in someones lounge room, can you comphrehend the difference between those despite the fact that they're all ILLEGAL.

They weren't innocent they BROKE THE LAW. Bogans will always be bogans i guess.

12. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    No it doesn't because doing a burnout, hooning, drifting, speeding, anything illegal to do with a car is dangerous, an average passenger vehicle weighs 1.3 tonnes, they do damage. A couple of kids on motorbikes in a paddock on the other hand, are not dangerous.

You're going completely off-topic, this is Australia, not the middle-east, you can't just go around laying booby-traps and handing out justice where you see fit.

For you, or for anyone to think that what the police officer did was 'right' or 'just' is just ridiculous.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  13. quick308

quick308 Member

Members Ride:
    A car isn't dangerous unless it's moving. You can sit there till your tyres pop and still not have moved. By the way they weren't in a paddock, they were riding around the neighbourhood then decided to cut through a park. I have already given some examples of how they're dangerous, you've obviously skipped over my previous posts without reading things properly. Or maybe you just have poor comprehension skills.

LOL did I say anything about setting up traps for kids, stop putting the words in my mouth (or my fingers on the keyboard in this instance). I used the burnout analogy to point out how stupid your argument was, there's heaps of other idiotic examples of what people could do all in the name of "fun".

We don't know how true the story he gave is, like I said before "he had never mentioned anything about Pow holding a rope when he gave a statement to police a week after the incident. Isaac told the court he had seen the other end of the rope tied to a nearby lamp post, but he admitted he had also failed to mention this in his police statement.
    When questioned by defence lawyer Karen Vernon, he denied making up a story about the rope and said he had been "mistaken" in his police statement and had forgotten the details." I don't think any of us really can say what happened, your just putting trust in a kid that keeps changing his story, kinda sus if you ask me.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  14. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    I'm not trying to argue with you or put words in your mouth mate.

All I'm saying is for anyone to side with this police officer is just down right stupid, sure kids can be noisy but it's no reason for them to get punished like these 2 did, I have to put up with my neighbor's dog's barking at ridiculous times of the night, but I can't do anything about that at all.

Sure what they did was illegal, two wrong's don't make a right though, how hard is it to pick up the phone and call the police? That's what they're there for.

15. Julie

Julie moderator- for now anyway

Members Ride:
    Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
    As far as I can see the police officer has denied the allegations and the only ones to admit doing anything illegal is the tool that was riding the bike illegally whilst under the influence of illegal drugs. Don't understand why some of you are hating on the copper and sympathising with the criminals, it is only an allegation at the moment and the 'victim' keeps changing his story. Are you guys one of these bogan types that hates the cops because he defected your shitboxes? Or do you just see a little bit of yourself in these wankers that like to go bashing around the neighbourhood at 10pm on a dirt bike after smoking pot?

16. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    Of course he has, he doesn't want to lose his job or get charged with assault.

Sure I've been defected many a night, but I have a lot of respect for the police force, I just don't have tolerance for people that take justice into their own hands.

Give it up Julie the only reason you're bashing on these kids is because you have to put up with people on motorbikes where you live, you can't see the big picture which is what this cop did was wrong.

17. Darren_L

Darren_L Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VH SS
    not very hard at all.
    What is hard is getting the cops to turn up for something like this. If this was going on in your own backyard and the cops hadn't been able to catch them in the act, you'd probably end up resorting to desperate measures too. Imagine that noise in your backyard at 10 pm on a regular basis. I know it would eventually drive me to insanity...

We called the cops when a bunch of kids starting throwing fire crackers into peoples front yards one night. Cops took the call, said they'd send someone out. Never saw them.

And I'm not having a go at coppers, because the problem is usually there are not half as many cops rostered on at night, and so they are severely short staffed and have to prioritise their calls. So often they won't get out for something like this, or they end up turning up a couple of hours after the kids have taken off.

The reason crime is on the increase, is because society has become too soft on crime. We are too busy worrying about the welfare of the person/s breaking the laws rather than actually giving a **** about the victims.. Teenage kids know this and they quite proudly break the law knowing they are going to get away with it.

End of the day, the teenagers got some minor injuries. If the guy wanted to maim them, he would have used piano wire, not rope.

18. quick308

quick308 Member

Members Ride:
    You don't know if that really happened, how can you be sure if he's telling the real story now. He had a whole week before he made the statement, he had plenty of time to put together what he was going to say. Don't be so gullible, they've had problems with that cop before. Sounds like a good revenge to me.

He's is a cop right?

19. acarmody

acarmody Donati..Whoa Green

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina
    Can you explain why? I see nothing that even looks close to proof that the cop did this. All there is, is a couple of druggo young guys laying down a story that changes as it fits them.

20. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    That is my opinion if the story were to be true, I don't know if it's true or not, just sick and tired and seeing all the sheep on this site following each other, can you tell who I'm following?