Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Policeman 'set rope trap' for trail-bikers

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Turd Ferguson, Feb 27, 2012.

1. to_easy

to_easy New Member

Members Ride:
    vr commodore
    hear hear" sounds like alot of people live a straight life and have never done anything wrong before. remember you were a kids once.

2. accentstencil

accentstencil Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    WH II Caprice, 5.7 2017 Captiva.
    My house fronts onto a reserve and I have to listen to the racket all the time, virtually on a daily basis. It might just be innocent kids having fun when you are the one doing it, but it isn't when you are the one listening to it.

3. aaronevolution

aaronevolution Donating Member

Members Ride:
    TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
    There's a difference between kids and ferals

4. FATMOE

FATMOE New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Clubsport R8
    I got charged for smacking a trail bike rider across the face with a plank of wood. It felt good and I did the right think because 4 years later and I still haven't heard that ####ing crap sound of them bikes.

I reckon if you ride them in residential areas any time they should have there legs carved off and fed to the parents.

5. 87RB30VL

87RB30VL Swiggidy Swag

Members Ride:
    09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
    Why are people having a huge whinge about it? Calm down, seriously, there's more important things to worry about than some kids riding bikes, and if you care about it so much, follow them home or something and talk to their parents, or ring the cops. No use crying on a forum about it, that's what the "**** that pisses me off" thread is for.

I live near a park, and all day I hear kids screaming and riding their bikes down the footpath. Damn hoon kids, riding bikes on footpaths, which is illegal! I should go out there and smack them in the face with an iron bar and put them in comas so they can't do it again, that'll teach those darn kids!

Seriously, I half expected someone to have said that on here..

6. Darren_L

Darren_L Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VH SS
    bottom line is if these teens weren't doing the wrong thing, they wouldn't be nursing injuries.
    Only got themselves to blame. Harsh justice maybe, but that's the only sort of justice they understand these days.

7. 87RB30VL

87RB30VL Swiggidy Swag

Members Ride:
    So basically, I can build a huge wall outside my house because heaps of people speed around the blind corner out the front, and if they crash and die, too bad so sad, shouldn't have been speeding?

8. Darren_L

Members Ride:
    VH SS
    why not, would you prefer they smash through the front of your house and kill your family ?
    it's their choice to drive like an idiot.

9. FATMOE

FATMOE New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Clubsport R8
    Couldn't have said it better!

10. greenacc

greenacc Searching for the billion

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    And all the cops would say is well, your supposed to drive at a safe speed to allow yourself to avoid incidents, like crashing into that wall...

11. 87RB30VL

87RB30VL Swiggidy Swag

Members Ride:
    I hardly think 2 kids on a motorbike riding through a field could cause a tragic event equal to the deaths of people other than themselves. Actually, someone could be conveniently walking along and get hit right?

Wait, forget it, because clearly this whole thread is one sided.

12. detox_nath83

detox_nath83 Another VL Driver

Members Ride:
    VL Turbo Commo
    yes we have all been kids once and little shits at that... there is noise pollution laws set in place... failure to abide by these ur going to have wingers. c'mon how many times u been woken up by the old fella next door with the mower on a Sunday morning while ur nursing a killer hangover and u just wanna fire ur spud cannon at him?

i bet most ppl have been out on the drink, drunk walking home with a kebab and were loud and obnoxious.. u would have pissed off the neighborhood.
    Trail bikes are fun yes, but fkn loud at that for 10pm and middle of suburbia i dont blame him, bit over the top in the "Closeline approach" but kudos

13. Darren_L

Members Ride:
    VH SS
    so what was the end result ?
    a couple of teenagers pissing off the neighbourhood ended up with a few bruises for their trouble..... Hardly a big deal
    I bet they won't do it again.

14. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    Kids riding around on motorbikes at 10pm is a lot different to some asshat purposely using a jackhammer at 3am to wake people up.

Geez wern't you young once? They'll get bored of it soon and try something else.

Just listening to some of the people rant on in this thread makes me cringe at the thought of the future of Australia! Have a cry seriously...

15. Shorty33

Shorty33 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
    Boy admits smoking drugs on night of alleged dirt bike attack
    by Aja Styles, February 28, 2012.

A 17-year-old boy has admitted in court that he was smoking drugs on the night that he claimed he saw a policeman use a rope to pull him and his brother off a dirt bike in a southern suburb's park.

Matthew Gerard Owen Pow, 44, is on trial with endangering the life, health or safety of the two teenage brothers by allegedly 'dethroning' them from a dirt bike by hoisting a rope between a light pole and a tree in a Karawara park on November 27, 2010, a District Court has heard.

Mr Pow denies the allegations and has stood trial before a jury in the Perth court.

The court heard that the older teenager and his younger brother had been driving the dirt bike along walkways to Como high school's oval before returning through the park at night.

The 17-year-old testified that he had seen what looked like a shirt tied to a light pole and a line in the sand.

He said he then saw something get "pulled out of the ground".

"I went all black and (I) come off the back and got up and saw Officer Pow," he told the court.

He said the Mr Pow was picking up "some big black rope" and wrapping it around his arm.

"He was picking up the rope and he was coming towards us. I said 'why the f..k you do that for?' and he said 'what you doing here?' and he asked 'whose bike?' and I said 'it's not mine'," he said.

"My arms were stinging and I said to my little brother 'let's go home' and we run home."

He said he had suffered cuts to his right arm and to his mouth, and that he and his parents went to Mr Pow's house to confront him asking: "Why would you do that?"

Under cross-examination the boy admitted he had been smoking marijuana that night with his family before taking the bike for a ride.

He also acknowledged to the court that he didn't have a licence and had been previously been in trouble with police over driving without a licence and held conviction for drugs possession.

Mr Pow's defence lawyer Karen Vernon suggested to him that the reason he lost control of the bike was because the bike's rear tyre was shredding and both brothers were weighing down the vehicle, which he denied.

He accepted that he was afraid the tyre would come off because it was shredding but denied that the engine stalled.

He also told the court that his cousin had earlier modified the bike because the throttle on the handle was broken and he had to accelerate using a foot pedal.

The boy's 16-year-old brother had earlier testified that he had lived in a neighbouring street in Karawara to Mr Pow, who he had known as a policeman for a couple of years.

He told the court that his cousins had brought to his house a dirt bike on the night in question and he and his brother jumped on the one-seater with his brother driving.

He said they rode along several walkways to the park.

"(I) heard screaming from my brother and the next thing I know the motorbike tipped over. That's when I saw Matt Pow standing... (by a tree)," he told the court.

"... I heard my brother screaming and felt burns on my arms."

State Prosecutor John Myers had earlier told the court that the victim's brother was known to police and Mr Pow.

He said that four weeks prior to the incident, the boys' father had been approached by Mr Pow who accused the older brother of committing a burglary at his house.

"He threatened to break (the boy's) legs if he caught him on the street or trying to commit any crimes," Mr Myers said. "...giving some motivation for the act."

The older brother suffered a laceration to his mouth and on his arms, which were consistent with rope burns, Mr Myers said.

The trial continues.

Read more: Boy admits smoking drugs on night of alleged dirt bike attack

and here's a summary of Mum's evidence:
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/13063293/mother-of-injured-boys-saw-cop-with-rope/

16. acarmody

acarmody Donati..Whoa Green

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina
    Yeah I can definitely see these two young pricks being valuable member of the community.

Stop dragging the cop down and admit to yourselves you are both retarded (the young morons).

Let me count the many things wrong with this crap,

Well that's an awesome family right there.

Convenient.

But light enough to clearly see it was a rope?

What a lovely upstanding citizen.

Because dirt-biking while under the influence will ensure you never come off.

Also convenient.

So lets sum this up, two young guys without licenses were riding a bike around the neighborhood, including on footpaths, while on drugs. Then fell of the bike ran home to tell the family, who have plenty of police visits. And while being interviewed mention nothing about the cop, then mysteriously remember him later in court.

[​IMG]

17. Shorty33

Shorty33 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
  18. quick308

quick308 Member

Members Ride:
    1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
    Yes we were young once, but that's hardly an excuse. I don't remember doing anything like that.

If you come on here in future complaining about something similar you won't get any sympathy from me.

Even during the day these guys piss me right off, most of them don't know the road rules. We get a lot of them where I live. I'm not about to assault them, but I have a right to say what I think.

19. Pickled

Pickled Member

Members Ride:
    Barina
    Anything like what? Having fun?

You won't see that because I don't complain about stupid things.

Who is 'these guys'? Idiots on the road that don't know how to ride and don't deserve a license? You can't compare those people to a couple of kids on 125-bangas having some harmless fun.

This is nothing more than another example of a disgruntled police officer taking justice into his own hands.

20. magnetvh

magnetvh New Member

Members Ride:
    VH SL/E 381pack
    Coppa for this case= f uck wit