Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan gtr

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
So he had a 350 in it???
nah the car i was watching had a 6 litre. did really well till he popped his diff :( woulda like to see him in top 10 at least which it was looking like doing. i think he was around 7 when it died.

soz jimmid17 didnt mean any disrespect, its just the R32 is a really light car and a lot of people dont realise what 208KW actually means, so back in the day we used to big up the power to shift more units. saying it was japanese rules that forced them to advertise less when it actually had more. which wasnt true. it had more, a lot more, but you had to modify it.

lets face it. i could have taken most customers for a drive in my favorite R32 GTsT (thats right, i still prefer RWD) and told them it had 300KW and they would have believed it cos the car was so light and nimble it felt like it had 400+

and yes, the R34 has 208kw's too. same deal applies. factory limited to 208. a couple of mods unlocks it to 250+ in fact the 34 is quite a bit slower than the 32 cos' they stuck all that YAW traction control crap on rather than the attessa they used to have. they ended up with a bunch more weight for a car that, to the average IT consultant was much better, but to guys who knew how to turn into a slide much much worse. nothing better than slammin a 32 HARD into a corner, breaking the rear wheels just before the apex front wheels engage and power the f... right out of the corner :D :D :D

i hate YAW. its frikken retarded. as if you dont wanna power slide!!!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
but apart from that it was stock and it was running in the mid 12's. It was a huge amount quicker than the VT gen 3 i had, and that was no slouch as far as gen 3's go. I guess doing a couple of minor tweaks must REALLY let GTR's off their leash!I just had one more thought though... What about R34 GTR's? they are officially 206kw, and the R34 GTT (RB25DET NEO) is also officially 206kw. surely the R34 GTR would have more than 206kw cos it'd have to be faster than the GTT???
mid 12's for a GTR is something to be really happy with. your not gonna get much better than that. i HIGHLY doubt it had a couple of minors to unlock a low 12. stock they are high 12 and the difference between 12 and 11 in a 4wd is around 200+HP

a couple of tweaks will still leave you in the low 12 mark

neo 6 was officially 180KW was my understanding

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Seen this thread on a few forums.