Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan gtr

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
It's not implying, its stating the fact that international teams came to race at Bathurst, the VL and VN were useless as buggery so everyone had a sook until they got the 'non' Australian cars outlawed, forever tarnishing motorsport in Australia. :flame:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
lol, they are if you add an american built engine :p
It's not implying, its stating the fact that international teams came to race at Bathurst, the VL and VN were useless as buggery so everyone had a sook until they got the 'non' Australian cars outlawed, forever tarnishing motorsport in Australia. :flame:
You both missed the point of the title. WORLD refers to, they TOUR the world.
The category was wrong to start with. putting a family car against a performance car was always going to have that effect, which is why its good the way it is now. V8s have their own category, and the performance cars have theirs (Well, had 'GT')

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I seem to remember a commodore or two racing in Europe (Spa? well i think it was Spa, not 100% on that though) ......... don't know about 'world-tour' but its close

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah but the whole category did not ;)
Theres a commodore or 2 that compete in Le Mans.....

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeha, theres a couple that do the Dubai and Nurburgring 24 hour races.

Imagine what could have been if there was a 'World touring Car championship' with those sorts of cars : GrpA commies, GTR skylines, M3 BMW's, V12 jags, etc!

Has anyone seen the WTCC? crappy lil' Euro trash

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
The problem you have is parity. One car will always be better than the others (until that car maker builds a better car)

That was the problem in the GTs, the Murcielago always ran away with it (until recently).

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
yeah, the doughnut king car did pretty well in a 24HR event in dubai i watched the other day... sadly he needed a chevy engine, but it still did well.
So he had a 350 in it???

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyd17 and one more thing to mention... a stock GTR doesn't have 206kw. they've got more like 250kw said:
thats a bunch of crap that us importers made up when we trying to sell these things "the japanese market limits their cars to 208kw on paper cos' of the registration laws over there" lol, bunch of bull. they restrict the air flow going in and coming out to meet reg requirements which is why changing exhaust and air filter yelds such high HP results. put an old stock gtr on a dyno and youll be lucky to see 208kw.
Oh okay, I didn't realise "BOG STOCK" they really only had 206kw. I always thought they had a lot more. I've only driven one 32 GTR, and that had the factory restrictor removed and an exhaust, but apart from that it was stock and it was running in the mid 12's. It was a huge amount quicker than the VT gen 3 i had, and that was no slouch as far as gen 3's go. I guess doing a couple of minor tweaks must REALLY let GTR's off their leash!

I just had one more thought though... What about R34 GTR's? they are officially 206kw, and the R34 GTT (RB25DET NEO) is also officially 206kw. surely the R34 GTR would have more than 206kw cos it'd have to be faster than the GTT???