Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan gtr

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
lol... i've owned an LS1 commodore, driven plenty of skylines. R32 GTS-t, R32 GTR, R33 GTS't, etc... and even an R32 GTS-t with a few mods (eg: exhaust, cooler, boost, etc) will leave most LS1's behind even on the stock turbo. Although a tuned LS1 will be quicker than a mildly modded GTS-t.

BUT, a stock GTR is that much faster again, its silly to compare it to a stock LS1. no comparison. GTR is much much faster.

but then again if you add turbos to an LS1 then the game changes again obvioiusly. it comes down to what you do... but stock for stock, GTR so much faster its not funny

my 2c

~ edit ~
and one more thing to mention... a stock GTR doesn't have 206kw. they've got more like 250kw, and easily make 300kw on 14psi. 206kw is the official figure nissan claimed they had to comply with some japanese bullcrap so it wasn't too powerful lol. they were telling porkies!

06vzcalais

Reaction score
you pour money into the LSx pour the same money into the skyline, add aftermarket twin turbo to a V8,then add it to a skyline i wonder who would win (keeping in mind ive seen both skylines and twin turbo 8's in excess of 1200hp)

Jezza

Ecotec Just Kicked In!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Acclaim
dont forget your comparing a car that was on sale from 1989 - 1992 (Nissan R32 GTR) to a car thats sold between 1999 - 2005 (VT SS II - VZ SS) so there is atleast 10 years difference between these 2 stock and if you did a skyline the same year against a SS then you would be dreaming to win on stock gear

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
wow! how did i miss this thread??? lol.

i am a RAW (registered automotive workshop) signitory and R32 is one of the cars on my schedule. which means i have imported and complied about 200 32 gtr and have owned 3 personally. i can safely say a stock r32 IN NEW CONDITION would kill a VT. ive seen it, done it, you cant really argue with expierence.

HOWEVER! it only takes a few mods to the VT to hand a gtr its arse for breakfast. and sadly, the old RB's dont like the 150,000 km mark witout a decent rebuild, and i can guarantee a 90 model has seen that number twice, no matter what your odometer says. every 89-90 model i have ever done has been a complete POS. worth nothing to buy in japan, and in my opinion should stay there. there is a reason i always buy 94' models.

havind said all that. a nice free flowing exhaust, CAI and a racing filter element, de-cat pipe, and a touch of boost and its easy to scrape out 350HP.

i drove a S-tuned 94' model once.engine pic here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-work-stuff-picture7461-stuned32gtr245kw.html with 240-AWKW and that thing was just delicious. power delivery was so smooth, no lag, just bagloads of power all the way through the rev range.

i love 32's :D

(thanks for reading)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
and one more thing to mention... a stock GTR doesn't have 206kw. they've got more like 250kw,
thats a bunch of crap that us importers made up when we trying to sell these things "the japanese market limits their cars to 208kw on paper cos' of the registration laws over there" lol, bunch of bull. they restrict the air flow going in and coming out to meet reg requirements which is why changing exhaust and air filter yelds such high HP results. put an old stock gtr on a dyno and youll be lucky to see 208kw.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
^^^^ To true. Put some Z32 MAF meters and an exhaust on an RB26, and then you may see more than 206, but not from the factory.

(dis-counting nur or nismo-tuned gtrs) the first one to officially have more than 206kw is the R35, and thats not a real GTR, no GTR should have a V6, regardless of how good it is. The straight six has been the main-stay of the gtr since nissan was called 'Prince'.

Then you get the greatest sounding engine in the world in the KPGC110. Pure horn!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Im with VL3.0L, *competitive* Australian Touring car racing dissapeared when the rules changed to only allow RWD pushrod V8 production vehicles from Australia to compete.

- no more GTR's, BMW's. Cossies, all gone because Australia's cars couldn't compete on the world stage anymore (whether they ever could is debatable).
- If you look at the crap they call cars racing in the V8 supercars, they are identical execpt for the badge on the boot, the lights, and the bloke that builds the engine.

Give me a DTM or V* brute race anyday, much, much more interesting
Is that implying they were ever a 'world' category?