Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mase budget performance pack

Discussion in 'VZ Holden Commodore (2004 - 2006)' started by 05 vz, Jan 10, 2017.

1. 05 vz

05 vz Member

Members Ride:
    Vz commodore
    mase engineering has a 'budget pack' for the alloytec vz consisting of a cold air intake 12mm space and cold air intake for $490 and the claim to give over 8kw extra at the wheels just wondering if 8kw at the wheels is really that noticeable Before I spend almost $500 bucks

Attached Files:

2. Benboy

Benboy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    2007 SVZ Wagon
    I guess that you do need to ask yourself 'why do I need extra power' !!!! If your car is not performing to expectations then it may need some TLC which could be a lot less than $500 Commodores generally produce enough power to perform adequately for on-road driving. Any extra power is likely to be a complete waste of money, fuel etc.

3. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    No, you won't notice 8kw.

4. greenacc

greenacc Searching for the billion

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    Agree, I think there are better ways to spend 500 bucks.

5. Bowman2017

Bowman2017 New Member

Members Ride:
    HBD VZ
    assuming your running the stock airbox n filter now, yes u will notice gains in torque n power from idle, how much you will notice will depend on other modification done to your car, hence extractors n cats under drive kit exc

opening up the engines intake is a good start to modding n u will notice better fuel economy.

them spacers i haven't found much talk on facts about results but lifting the intake higher off the motor is common sense it will run slightly cooler air running less fuel leaning out afr giving more power.

id got for it... plus once u add n exhaust they go hand in hang n support each other for good gains...

just saying also
    i did come across an otr with maf for alloytechs price was around 500$ that would best best bang for buck gains ..ebay job n i think mace do them also ! give them a call there a good bunch down there, recommend mace engineering

6. Tonner Matt

Tonner Matt Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
    You're not going to notice 8kw, 8kw is only about 10.5 hp. Spend $500 for 10hp.......Well that's your choice to make.
    I would spend that $500 on something worthwhile like: Engine oil & oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and spark plugs.
    And then spend whatever is left of the $500 on fuel, or even the missus or girlfriend.

My point is that you can gain (or restore a little lost power) just from giving your car a decent service.
    Especially if it hasn't had a one in a while.

7. Bowman2017

Bowman2017 New Member

Members Ride:
    HBD VZ
    thats true and a good point but id assume his engines healthy n running in good condition having wanting to spend money on upgrades,u wouldn't want to spend $ and install upgrades on a car u dont look after.... then again some people do think fueling up is a service these days....

8. 05 vz

05 vz Member

Members Ride:
    Vz commodore
    Correct bowman engine is serviced every 5-10000ks new oil air/ oil filterand I do plugs and fuel filter every 2nd service so I'd say its is a healthy engine so wanting to do some relatively cheap upgrades to get the modding started and yeh the car is stock except for suspension and rims

9. 2_stroke

2_stroke New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ SS
    Guessing your young and on P's so a ls conversion is off the table. If your broke and young then a sc14 supercharger is the best bang for buck, after that i would be looking for raptor for a real super charger kit ect but thats going to run you $7k. Really though the best i can think of at your age and budget is NOS, bang for buck it can't be beaten IMO, $500 could get you another used v6 if you smoke it lmfao

10. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Not_An_Abba_Fan Exhaust Guru

Members Ride:
    Strange Rover
    Intake spacers do more for torque because you are lengthening the intake runners. Has nothing to do with temperature. People just seem to grasp that concept easier than intake velocity. Cool the intake and you are creating a denser charge, but a 10mm spacer will not affect the intake temperature to any noticeable degree. The improvement comes from longer intake runners, that shift the torque curve lower in the RPM.

11. 05 vz

05 vz Member

Members Ride:
    Vz commodore
    2 stroke thanks for trying to be funny but no I'm not a young p plater I actually have family to support but I would still like a few little cheaper things done to the car to make it a little better and cheers not a abba fan for that infomation

12. Trayner

Trayner Fresh prince of Pakky

Members Ride:
    Vz ss 6.0L Thunder , Vz S One Tonner
    The intake spacers on a alloytec do work ,

will you get more power out of them ? no , not noticeable .

Will you beat a LS1 with it ? no .

but what it does is makes the torque lower in the rev range , so you will be able to take off faster and "feel" like theres more power/grunt down low .