Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New House Build

afstruct

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yess !!!! Soo want a hoist = 4 post with double jacks = so storage= a work space under and work on and change wheels etc

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute V6
I'm just going two post, four post are really exi.
I've been thinking about my big beam and holding it up above the hoist and I'm considering making my own props and either sitting it to the side and bolting it to one column or making gv two props and have it sit at the end of the hoist so I can raise the vehicle while the block take the weight of the engine. I really need to get the hoist in fist though so I can see if the two prop idea will even work.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
What about an A-Frame made with strong timber. We did that 30 years ago with a block and chain for a couple of engines out in the back shed. Did well. We moved the cars as we hoisted the chains.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What's wrong with fold up engine crane?

Heaps more versatile than block & tackle or gantry style.

With a foldup engine crane,transmission lift/jack & engine/gearbox teardown table you're set for life...no more laying on cold concrete or busting ya back.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute V6

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
@losh1971, you need an upgrade :p

or something like this jib crane ;)

(maybe an old diff can be the basis for building a jib crane)

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute V6
Found out today there will be a 3-4 week delay on getting the shed finished. The floor plan showed the roller door elevations which threw the builder and he set the door gaps to the height and not he width of the doors. So builder had to decide whether to try and move the pillars or order new roller doors. Fortunately he decided to order new doors and him take a hit and cover the cost of the new doors. I will give him my doors and he can either sell them or use them himself. Moving the pillars would have looked terrible as he would have needed to grind out the concrete.
As for the house the house builder has set out the profiles for the slab and should have the excavator there in a week. I'd say that within three weeks we should have a house slab.
I'm not sure if the house builder has secured his 90 x 35 structural pine and studs because there is none left in the state and it has buggard up all the building Co's who now have no framing timber and no timeline on when the state will have more.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
New doors wider and taller?
That would be a win:cool:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
Found this guy’s shed design ok.