Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator and reverse lights issue

VZ Maloo s2 steffo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo Series 2
Indicator not functioning when using stalk, but does with hazards, reverse lights also weren't working, noticed around reverse bulbs the reflective inlay tail light is blistered. Replaced stalk, didn't fix. No lights getting stuck on have ordered a replacement relay for BCM anyway not sure if the culprit though should I change anyway?. Replaced flasher unit, indicator and park fuses in internal fuse box under steering wheel, and also BCM fuse and lighting F/L in under Bonnet fuse box. Fixed the problem, however as soon as input it in reverse, I heard a tap noise (fuse blowing) from the under steering wheel fuse box, indicators not working anymore. So long story short, put it in reverse, fuse blows (Indicator one I'm assuming need to check). Any thoughts on a fix or ideas???????

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
If a manual, check the reverse switch on the gearbox. My shorted out and blew the reverse light fuse (which the indicators use the same fuse). Best way to check is to get underneath and use a paper clip (are wire) to bridge the terminals and if the reverse lights work.. the switch is Foobarred :spot on:

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Its easy, use a large spanner and unscrew it from the right-side towards to top of the gearbox.