Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To - VT Brake Upgrade

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
great write up here! wondering if anyone can give me some advice on a few questions...
Mate just wrote off his VY S2 exec and I would like to take his brakes. Was just wondering whether the calipers and all are the same as the VT setup? also, can I just buy some VS slotted rotors and they still work fine with the new calipers?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
just grab all of the gear off your mates it will all match up to the vs with the hub rings. No vs slotted will not work with the new calipers, they are too thin.

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
just grab all of the gear off your mates it will all match up to the vs with the hub rings. No vs slotted will not work with the new calipers, they are too thin.
cheers for that vrwagz, reckon I should also grab his booster and master cyclinder and just mod it to fit? how much should i offer him for all that

White Lion

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman 2009 (white Lion)
How To - VT Brake Upgrade

22. Enjoy the new stopping power!
what is the difference
i mean if my speed is 100
how many meters need for full stop

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
what is the difference
i mean if my speed is 100
how many meters need for full stop
judging by your profile picture, you dont need these brakes. yours are already above these

White Lion

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman 2009 (white Lion)
judging by your profile picture, you dont need these brakes. yours are already above these
Thank you so much for telling me that but i realize that the disk break in the pictures are sloted and my car does not has it:cry:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Stopping distances depend on far too many variables to be able to give you an answer. Some of which are: tyres & pressures, road surface, road temp & condition (wet, icy etc), suspension setups etc.

As for slotted rotors, I'm sure you can buy them to bolt straight onto a VE but as far as I know they won't help in one-off emergency situations

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
One off cold stopping distance has nothing to do with brakes... it's down to tyres.

Continued ability to stop when hot has everything to do with brakes.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Thank you so much for telling me that but i realize that the disk break in the pictures are sloted and my car does not has it:cry:
Slotted rotors for the VE V8's are $279 for the front pair, and $269 for the rear pair.

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
you cant compare stopping distances between yours and a VT brake set. slotted rotors are not going to make that much of a difference in stopping distance anyway, they are there to help vent the discs to keep them cooler so they dont warp