Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to handle yourself in a fight thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Jecs, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    Hey as you said your young still, so you have plenty of time to sort yourself out. I was same at your age, had this 6-4 130kg drunk walk into our party and pick at my brother. Pushing and shoving him leaning on the car with this huge bottle in one hand. And I've got issues with drunks because my stepfather was a violent alcoholic prick. So i pushed towards his bottle to get it out of my face and he let one fly into my chest. What would you do?. You try and block and fire one back. What made me feel bad was he went flying down the driveway and in this time my brothers friend flew under my arm pit tackled him lifted him and placed 6 blows into him. Still to this day i feel bad it went down like that.
    See the one on the train isn't your fault. Sure you might have thought he was doing evils ( he might have been) but he pressed the situation by getting off and coming to you. He could have just let it go but didn't.

You clearly have some self control or you wouldn't stop in the middle of a fight and walk away. Use that and you will be so much more happier. And when people look at you now think this. It's not because your big, it's because they think your better looking now :). Took me sometime to understand people weren't looking at me because i was the size of a double story house with extensions. The last person that gave me daggers i said Hi hows it going, and they **** lol.

See it's been so many years since i used public transport. And in june im heading into the city 4 days a week for 3 months and i will use it night and day "no car-parking" so I'm going to get a taste of it first hand. So much of these comments are helping me.

2. Tsunamix

Tsunamix Active Member

Members Ride:
    VT 2
    I hate fighting and will do almsot anything to get out of 1. I will not let a frid or family member get attacked though.

If you make me fight, know the following.

I believe in 1 on 1 terrorism. There are no rules, just survive or not survive.

I am never unarmed. Magazines, keys, biros, phones, sunglasses, credit cards all make fatal weapons. I have driven a drinking straw right through a rockmelon.

The hardest point on your body is not your fists. It's your elbows and your head, followed by the side of your hand and your knee. he softest point on your body is the throat, followed by just below the sternum, the nose, the liver and the kneecap.

Collarbones, forearms, and shins break comparatively easily, and a devastating in emotional impact.

Anyone who wants a fight to end up on the ground, will find a way to take it to the ground.

I believe that I don't go into a fight trying to hurt someone, I go in planning to absolutley kill them stone motherless dead, and anything less is a happy co-incidence.

Once a fight is over, i will call the police and ambulance, look after abyone who is hurt as best i can, and take my licks as the courts decide.

3. VEQLD

VEQLD New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE VE SIDI
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

4. monkeyboy

monkeyboy New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 VE SV6 SIDI
    I prefer to tear their heart out and devour it in front of them before they collapse to the ground, stone dead. I often add a few 'nom nom noms' while I chew for dramatic effect.

That way, you win the fight, probably go home with his girlfriend (or at the very least get a quick wristie behind the dumpmaster out back) and have a cool story to tell your mates.

5. GMHCalais

GMHCalais [TUKN20Z]

Members Ride:
    VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
    Standing side on with your attacker is so wrong, yes there's less of you to get hit. But stand side on in front of a mirror and get a mate to push you forward or backwards and then you will see really how useless that stance is. You have no balance methods at all when in that stance, first thing I got taught after 4 years training of kb. If your looking for peace of mind, discipline and getting fit while learning techniques get into MMA..

UFC is over rated and half of the kids doing/trying to do it have only started simply for the reason of watching 'never back down' a few too many times.

I lol every time I see a kid talking about him doing it and telling his mates. I've been doing it for almost 6 years now, before any peanut knew what it was. I was continually getting into fights prior when doing kick boxing but learning MMA was a dramatic change and worked well to calm my short temper and they do stress that fighting is a last resort when in public!

6. Delish-VY

Delish-VY Banned

Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
    Members Ride:
    2003 VY S pack
    UFC has been pretty well known for longer than 6 years....I remember when it was getting big and in the early seasons of entourage they had chuck liddel on it after he was already big, that was 2007 and so 2006-07 was roughly when it got known well to the public.

7. blasta1

blasta1 New Member

Members Ride:
    07 VE
    side stance is one of the first stances taught in martial arts drop kick you have perfect balance wat drugs do you take .

8. drewwy

drewwy New Member

Members Ride:
    vr 3.8 ute
    Hahahahaaaa

9. drewwy

drewwy New Member

Members Ride:
    vr 3.8 ute
    The 5 d's Hahaahaa

10. GMHCalais

GMHCalais [TUKN20Z]

Members Ride:
    What balance do you have from side stance? Drop kick? Hahah listen mate maybe when you go to your little martial arts club they teach you that. Things are different in the '0' that's not to say they don't teach that!

Not arguing at all they would teach that but every style is different. They have a vast array of stances.

Each to their own it's just what weve been told. I've just found majority of people standing side on are so easily cut down by a sweep of my arm across there chest.

11. Delish-VY

Delish-VY Banned

Members Ride:
    2003 VY S pack
    Thats cos your huge az brah.

12. GMHCalais

GMHCalais [TUKN20Z]

Members Ride:
    Yeah man :/ not even lol

13. Clayton355

Clayton355 Bring it on

Members Ride:
    Vnss
    Side stance um no way I would get in that stance u can't throw a decent punch from there and u try and throw any punch anyone can see u move, u can't block any punch or defend urself from there.
    Side kicks lol anything from the hips up useless take the knees out, they can't stand if got no knees, think pressure points plenty of them in ya body!

Sent from the one

14. Shooter03

Shooter03 Nek Minnit

Members Ride:
    Vz wagon
    It's all about the wristie isn't it.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

15. Delish-VY

Delish-VY Banned

Members Ride:
    2003 VY S pack
    I'm glad we"ve had this thread otherwise I wouldn't have known how many world champion fighters were on justcommodores.

16. quick308

quick308 Member

Members Ride:
    1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
    Don't have this problem, i hate clubbin. I don't even enjoy getting pissed anymore, I'll enjoy a few drinks at home or a mates house. I try to stay indoors late at night for this reason, Had plenty of fights when I was younger while out drinking. all the bogans and other ########s turned me off the whole scene. Good money saver staying at home, pefer using the money for a nice holiday or something. I can defend myself if I need to, but i'd really rather not I don't feel any better after it. I do enjoy a fight in the ring for sport though.

17. Jesterarts

Jesterarts Your freedom ends where mine begins

Members Ride:
    2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
    Here's my general fight tips:

1. Get drunk off your tits
    2. Find the biggest behemoth in the place
    3. Make sure your outnumbered 5 to 1
    4. Drunkenly tell him it's all alright if he shakes your hand
    5. Try and deck him when he give you lip
    6. Miss completely
    7. Wake up after the fight is over
    8. Laugh about it the next day with your mates who jumped in after you hit the deck.

Moral of the story, if you've had a few to drink, walk away. I am a trained martial arts instructor with a 2nd dan black belt (granted a couple years out of practice), 6 foot 4 and 95kg. Sober I would never have gotten into that situation to start with, but I also would have ended it very quickly.

But, in a serious confrontation:

1. Walk away
    2. If you can walk away, be ready. Pretend your scratching your face, chin, etc so you have an excuse to have a hand near your face ready to absorb or deflect
    3. Work out which side your opponent seems to favor and on a 45 degree angle, with your leading foot on the side of their prefered hand. This means you will be in a favorable position to absorb a first hit from the prefered hand. In terms of stance this isn't actually good practice as you want to be front on. But if you straight up shape up to them... it will be on so compromise means you might still be able to walk away.
    4. NEVER grab or hold your opponent unless you are putting them to sleep. Soon as you grab, that is one of your 2 weapons commited to a passive action.
    5. Remember the guy mouthing off in front of you may not be the guy who hits you. Be aware of those around you.
    6. Don't hit first. 9 out of 10 situation I have been in where someone was looking to have a go... ended after a lot of swearing maybe a shove but no "fight".
    7. Read what jecs said about how to punch... make sure make a tight fist. Don't clench hard enough and you can break something or injure a joint.
    8. Punch through the target. If you are going to hit someone, your target is about a foot PAST the point of impact.
    9. If someone grabs you on the chest, collar, etc do not struggle against it. Step back and then strick the top of their hand with your 2nd knuckles (first joint of your fingers). Do this correctly and you achieve 2 things; Firstly they will release their grip, secondly they will not be able to make a fist with that hand for the next couple min.
    10. Don't punch someone in the teeth. You can do some serious damage to your hand on someones teeth. Plus any open cuts will end up with their blood/spit in them and god knows what diseases your opponet may have.
    11. Contrary to Jec's advice, do not bite. Reason? See above.
    12. Never turn your back on someone... Doesn't matter if you think they are down and out or even if it's the gf of whoever you guys fought with. I had a 8 hour hospital stay and a permanent scar on the back of my head which wouldn't be there if I took this advice.
    13. Remember that 99% of what you have read in this thread you will completely forget in the heat of the moment. Best advice, refer to item 1.

Seriously, avoid a fight at all costs if possible. A bruised ego, being called a pussy, etc whatever, not worth it. Most fights end in a blood nose, fat lip and swearing at someone through tears. But if you get into a serious fight OR just your average Sunday 1am scrap gone wrong, it can end your life or have a dramatic impact on the rest of your life.

18. some_guy

some_guy Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VR SII Exec.
    Fights aren't worth it.

Best advice i've read in the whole thing is in this post right above. JUST WALK AWAY!

/end thread

19. Jecs

Jecs PAVTEK Race Engines Staff Member

Members Ride:
    '97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

all of this, perfect.

spesh the bold part, never thought about that but a great idea.

20. Jesterarts

Jesterarts Your freedom ends where mine begins

Members Ride:
    2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
    As I said... martial arts instructor, lol. ;)

You will also see a lot of bouncers do this if they feel a situation may excalate.