Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Balancing

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Okay, I have an l67 and am putting in JE forged pistons 20 thou over and mace H Beam forged conrods which are +/- 1 gram I believe. Do I need to get it balanced? Thanks.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Yes they will weigh different to stock parts

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
What's involved when balancing engine parts, is it just a matter of removing metal so the parts weigh the same.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
They match all the bigend weights and write it down then match smallends and not it down then pistons with pins and rings then do some maths to work out the weight for the bobweights they bolt onto the crank then bolt on the balancer and formats and spin it up to check balance and add or remove weight from the crank counterweights where required to match it to the rods and pistons

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Yeah you can do the time consuming weight matching parts at home to save costs just make sure you give the balancer an unassembled rod and piston package to weigh themselves as your scales could weigh totally different than there set and cock up the whole process of you just give them all your weights lol