Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Rocker Gaskets on Supercharged VX Commodore

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by commodorevxs, Aug 30, 2010.

1. commodorevxs

commodorevxs New Member

Members Ride:
    Holden Commodore VX V6 S auto
    Hi guys,

I have searched and searched and can only find posts relating to changing the gaskets on a N/A VX. Now, I have done the passenger side, was relatively easy, however, the driver's side is a massive pain, all the bolts etc.. are undone I just can't get it clear. Does anyone have any advice here? looks like the only way I can get it out is to take off the alternator and / or transmission filler pipe thing, for which the bolt is nearly impossible to get too.

Would really love some help here so I don't have to pay someone to do it for me!

thanks guys, much appreciated in advance.

2. blueV8vl

blueV8vl New Member

Members Ride:
    VL V8 & supercharged VX
    yeah alternator needs to come out or u can move it around do get room to take rocker bolts off

3. russellvx

russellvx New Member

Members Ride:
    VX Super6 S
    check out l67torque.com thats the supercharged engine forum, those guys are all pretty cool and helpful

4. chargedvx6

chargedvx6 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VY SII HBD Calais L67
    Disconnect the negative battery terminal after making sure you have you stereo PIN. Undo the brace that goes to the charger, undo the alternator bolt under the drivers side water pipe and remove that but just loosen the other bolt enough so you can swing the alternator up against the charger snout.