Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Landy, May 15, 2015.

1. Jarp

Jarp Surely You Jest

Members Ride:
    VFII SSV A6 W375
    Not really good enough considering what you're paying for the vehicle. What's a treatment like that worth?

2. OzTurtle

OzTurtle Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF II Redline
    For 2 coates I paid $935.00 for the Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat is cheaper but not as hard, but looks like it has a better "shine".

3. JTmofo

JTmofo Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SSV Sportswagon
    Can't understand why people pay insane $$$ for paint protection!

4. OzTurtle

OzTurtle Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF II Redline
    Hey JT;
    As Jarp mentioned, the paint thickness isn't great so getting a harder finish to ward off stone chips etc is a good investment in my opinion. It's not a dealer paint protection but much harder, and as much as I love washing my car, this makes it so much easier. Maybe do a little research into either product and see what you think.

5. JTmofo

JTmofo Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SSV Sportswagon
    Ah I thought you were referring to the rip of bullshit that dealers supply, applied by a 16 year old spotty apprentice with no idea of what he is doing.
    I have paint protection on my current car (done after market) and it is a worthwhile investment. Although I get mates rates for the materials and do the work myself.
    Labour intensive but worth the savings and safe in the knowledge that it's done properly.

6. rossymond

rossymond New Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
    I watched a couple of interesting videos RE: the Ceramic 9H protection.

I was amazed what they put it through and what it stood up to. I have already found myself a local supplier that can apply it. Best it to get it soon ASAP after getting the car me thinks :)

7. _Jay_

_Jay_ Member

Members Ride:
    Black VF Clubsport R8
    You can dim the mylink screen and dash lights, the control for it is next to the HUD selector.

8. OldDog

OldDog Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
    VF series 1 SS Storm ute - probably been mentioned before but the damn interior alarms are driving me nuts! Bong, bong, bong seriously? Drivers side window is auto up and down, you can't stop it mid way like my old VE's. No guide lines of the rear camera, my wifes Corolla has em and I find them useful. Red stitching everywhere but not on the steering wheel?

The alarms are the main gripe and if I can work out a way to even just reduce the volume i'll be happy. The proximity stuff I can just leave turned off I guess.

9. Sir Les

Sir Les Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V V6 MY14
    Chime volume is adjustable between Normal and High -- see page 5-33 of the owner's handbook. Don't think you can turn it off completely though.

The switch is two-positional. Press gently to manually operate the window to any position. Press harder for auto up/down. Took me a little while to realise this!

Your software needs updating -- see relevant thread in this forum.

Can't help you there!

Yeah, sometimes I get caught out when the horn toots for no apparent reason, but it's to do with the proximity sensor. Usually happens at 7.30am on a Sunday morning as I'm putting the golf clubs in the car. :)

10. OldDog

OldDog Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
    Thanks Sir Les! Yeah I turned the volume to normal, maybe I'm just being oversensitive eh? :) I'll get used to it. Thanks for the tip about the window also, i'll check that out. I found the thread about the software update and I'm wading through it now.

The horn tooting thing scared the cr@p outa me the first time LOL, in the future i'll leave the door ajar when I jump out to open / close gates.

Cheers

Bill

11. PeteSS

PeteSS Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Series 2 SSV Redline
    With the windows I find it easier to press it hard for auto function, then when you want It to stop at a certain point just press it again and the window stops.

12. OldDog

OldDog Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
    Thanks Pete, I'll give that a shot too!

13. bigjim92

bigjim92 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2016 VF SSVR
    I had some extended use of the "horn" today, what a joke!!!!! Seriously, wtf Holden. Most people can yell louder!

14. VFSV6FORME

VFSV6FORME Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
    At my age and the wife agrees I recon I can fart louder.

15. CHP73

CHP73 New Member

Members Ride:
    SV6 VF1 Sportwagon
    Annoying and upsetting things in my 2014 VF Spwgn. First of all that single clunk/knock somewhere rear under the floor (possibly a diff area) happening only when the car starts moving from a standstill, no matter whether the engine is warm or cold. It happens 8 out of 10 times with either slow or a quick start, no difference, also doesn't matter forward or reverse. It is subtle but you know, it is there.

Another thing is a heating system in this car. It is unacceptable. I could not figure it out for a week or so until I read on the net that it is possibly a factory defect.
    It blows cold on a closed circuit until you max it when 10 seconds ago it was still hot on a fresh air mode. It blows identical hot air on 27 and 23 deg, turned down to 22 blows already too cold, it is a long way and play to set it up for your desired temp. Annoying and distracting/dangerous when on the move. Can not say much about the A/C performance as have not used it much yet. The system lets a lot of fumes and odours into the cabin when on the fresh air mode. It improves itself a lot after a pollen/cabin filter installation (mine did not have one at all).

Automatic headlight sensor lives its own life. Goes on when I pass shady areas, under trees etc, then goes off in a while. The Mylink screen brightens and darkens. Gee.
    To me, this is a serious device fault and Holden should replace them for less sensitive ones along with that crazy heating system or fix both by software updates if possible.

There are a few more annoying things like creaking door seals coming to life when car goes over speed bumps, is u-turning or turning into a lane with a different level or surface. I know the car body is being twisted to some extent but it feels just tacky when they all creak at once and the car has only 27k on the clock.

The rear hatch (sportwagon) closes with an electric support which is a really nice touch as you don't have to slam it at all but when you are opening it by pushing a button above a numberplate, the hatch latch opens really rough with a thud noise when releasing itself. The opening button rubber cover wears down due to force required to lift the heavy hatch with your fingers. Mine is partly ripped open and the rubber is very thin in the middle. Not the best solution and the hatch opens nice and willingly only in warm weather, needs quite a force to lift itself in winter!

16. Sir Les

Sir Les Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V V6 MY14
    Re the heating system: there was a software update for early (2013-14) models. Has yours had the update? Also, it is recommended to leave the system on auto operation for best performance. And make sure none of the dashboard vents is fully closed -- this can really mess with the system.

I leave mine on auto and 22° most of the time, and it works well. On very hot days I'll turn it down for greater cooling. And on very cold days -- well, there's the heated seats! :)

17. crew_man

crew_man Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
    I have a MY16 SV6 Wagon and I can't say that I have really experienced the same issues, but here is some feedback:
    - I had a bit of a clunk in the rear but I got them to re-torque the chassis bolts at my first service which cleared up any knocking. The little bolt that holds my towbar tongue in place was also slightly loose, so it let the tongue clunk around. Tightening the bolt removed this.

- Put your A/C system on Auto, it'll perform much better

- Unfortunately gas struts that are used on the lift gate can fail over time due to weather and repeated use. They're cheap to replace so if you are having issues lifting your lift gate pop down to Repco and get some new ones.

18. HoldenCalaisV

HoldenCalaisV Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais-V Series 2
    At first I thought it was only the Sportswagon that had rear cup holders in the middle seat but when I went to the dealership to check up some used sedan VF1's i noticed it and when i went to check the VFII's it was not there.

Why did Holden remove it cause now you need to pull the whole middle seat down just to use cup holders,Holden should of placed the cup holders in the center armrest like most cars do.

I have an VFII Calais-V,is there anyway i can add these cup holders in?

[​IMG]

19. CHP73

CHP73 New Member

Members Ride:
    SV6 VF1 Sportwagon
    Ha ha, mine doesn't have heated seats though :)
    I will definitely try it run on Auto. Haven't tried that yet as have had this car for a while only.

Regarding updates: I have had Mylink update recently on my request (re reversing camera guidelines). After reading some posts on the Net i decided to visit Holden service to ask them about it. They did it very reluctantly, plus they supposedly fixed one of the latest recalls (adding some cable ties to secure loose wires underneath the car).
    The guidelines show up now but the overall quality of reversing cam picture has worsened and it is really noticeable. I never went back to that service though as dealing with them wasn't the most pleasant experience at all. Will have to live with it.
    I have no idea whether that update had something to do with the heating settings though. No one told me a word after it was done.
    Thanks for the tips!

20. CHP73

CHP73 New Member

Members Ride:
    SV6 VF1 Sportwagon
    Thanks for your advice, that chassis bolt re-torquing seems interesting, need to check it for sure.