Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerpro stereo kits

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7 LS1 6 speed
I am planning my system upgrade in my 2004 Pontiac GTO. Our choices for aftermarket stereo installation kits pretty much sucks to sum it up. I have been looking at the Aerpro kits and the quality along with the steering wheel radio control integration is exactly what I want in my GTO.

The stereo I am using is a Rosen, also known as Carsound, model # PR-UN1370-US. This is a stereo that is designed to look and work like a factory stock stereo. It has navigation, DVD, Bluetooth, HD radio, SAT radio ready and has integrated SWC learning on it. It also has 4 volt preamp outputs and is front and rear back up cam ready.

My question to you guys is this... is there any reason to think the Aerpro kit will not work on my GTO since it is based off the 2004 Monaro? Everything i have checked into points to the kit working. My hopes are high since the kit is of much better quality and the wire harness is way better than what I have available here in the US. Anxiously waiting your opinions...

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
It is similar to the Dig radios. I am familiar with them as several forum members of LS1GTO.com have bought them for their GTOs and they were completely plug and play.

Here is the Rosen stereo I am using...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323919121614

s-l400.jpg
rosen-cs-un1370-double-din-multimedia-dvd-receiver-07.jpg
I am looking at the Aerpro kit, FP9056K, which is the black fascia, harness, antenna adapter, removal keys and in my case, the secondary harness and a universal patch lead. My gut feeling is that this stuff will all work on my GTO without issue. It is of much better quality than what is available here in the US. For what it is worth, if I didn't score this radio so dirt cheap, I would just go with a Dig Options radio and be done with it. Even with the Aerpro kit, I will be in it for less than half of a Dig radio. Thoughts?

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here are 2 screenshots of what I plan to order. I know I have 2 different SWC patch leads but for the price, I would rather have both. I also have the secondary harness in there but I don't think I need it. Again, for the cost and shipping, I would rather have it and not need it rather than wish I would have just ordered it.

Screenshot_20201105-070215_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201105-070207_Chrome.jpg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
As long as the pin outs match, all is good. At worst, you might need to swap some of the wires on the harness adaptor to match the Rosen headunit. End result will be nice and tidy.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
That is exactly what I was thinking... It would not be the end of the world to have to swap a couple of pins around if need be and the integrity of the factory wiring is kept.

Do you have any experience or any knowledge of the place that I am looking to order this stuff from? They ship world wide and the shipping price is really good.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You'll be fine. One of the Aerpro guys is a member on this forum. He was keeping us updated on the Dual Zone HVAC adaptor facia for the VE (Your G8).

The business you're buying from, not sure, but Aussie businesses will be reliable enough.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
why not upgrade to something with carplay or android auto?

most of those generic china head units suck.

as far as aeropro goes basically you want to get everything to ISO as that's standard - so vehicle to ISO, HU to ISO - join up - tada, job done.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was going to say that.

My VZ Crewman has an Alpine CarPlay headunit and JBL GTO609c's in the front. So with almost no effort the car audio sounds amazing, and I have almost all the tech features of a new car.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
[Deleted]