Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7 year 175000km warranty on new holdens delivered

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by zappaboy, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. timandhayley

timandhayley Active Member

Members Ride:
    Astra RS-V Hatch
    Order date = whenever you signed a contract for the car and paid a deposit on it. Up until October last year that date was firm and Holden audits deals to make sure that dealers aren't being dodgy (I.e they check customers contracts and want written evidence of deposits paid etc) to make sure that people weren't getting given extra warranty etc, when they weren't entitled to it. They made the change so that if you signed up one month and then Holden changed the offer the following month and you thought the new offer was better, then you could change. For example, let say you signed up last month and they were doing free servicing and then this month they changed to 7 years warranty, if you complained/asked the dealer to change, there's a form we can fill out and get signed that allows this change to occur.

At the same time, if you legitimately signed up for your car in July, knowing you were getting no 'freebies' and now all of a sudden they're giving them away this month, the dealer doesn't have to give you this months offer, because the terms and conditions of the offer state for orders taken between 1/10/2017 and 31/12/2017.

The warranty contribution cost to the dealer is $750. If they offer it to you for this, then you've done well, because really we're not supposed to change the customer order date beyond 30 days and they do audit this and a dealer can then be charged back the full cost of the warrranty or whatever promotion that is running.

We couldn't even buy a 4 year extension of new car warranty from Allianz for that amount and it would usually probably retail for upwards of $2,000.

lmoengnr and 426Cuda like this.
  2. dah_man_ben

dah_man_ben Active Member

Members Ride:
    Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
    Yeah mate, called them yesterday - its showing in the system as 18th now. Cheers

3. dah_man_ben

dah_man_ben Active Member

Members Ride:
    Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
    Yeah mate, called them yesterday - its showing in the system as 18th now. Cheers

4. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    In terms of value, it's maybe resale where the new buyer wins ... but as a used buyer, I found my dad a 2.5yo Maxima for just under half the price of a still-the-same-at-the-time new one. He bought that, bought the extended factory warranty offered by Nissan which took it out to 5 years, and he had an as-new car with 3.5 remaining year & 110k remaining kilometre warranty on it for only just over the price of buying a new one the same with a 3 remaining year & 100k remaining kilometre warranty.
    From a piece of mind POV it was worth it (not that he actually used it, this was before Nissans were Renaults and Commodores were Peugeots :)).

5. RTSV6UTE

RTSV6UTE Active Member

Members Ride:
    Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
    Hi

For those of you that already have your Director, MSE or Magnum ute and didn't get a 7 year/175,000k warranty please contact Holden customer care asap and let yourselves be heard, but do it very politely and make sure to get your case/reference number. You should really do this before the weekend or latest by Monday next week.

A meeting is going to be happening next week on Monday or Tuesday as to what to do with us owners who purchased these cars and who were not offered the 7 year/175,000k warranty. The meeting will also discuss the issue on some Directors been released with black door side moulds and some with chrome door side moulds and they will try to finalise on what Holden are going to do for and wait for it "OFFER" all of the Director owners regardless of the colour of your side body moulds.

I highly recommend you all get on board as it can only work in our favour should they offer us some extra promotion specific to us limited edition owners and the 2 points of contact I have had (one very confidential) confirmed it does come down to how many owners genuinely voice their concerns to Holden, if you don't let your voice be heard now, forever hold your peace!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

6. Voodoo_Ve

Voodoo_Ve New Member

Members Ride:
    VF Redline
    I got confirmation my build is done rhey just need to arrange transport and do QA. Delivery around the 19th. Dealer also confirmed 7yr warranty would be given.

MY17DIR and Colonel6061 like this.
  7. Colonel6061

Colonel6061 Member

Members Ride:
    Director
    Hi RTSV6, well, my deal is done, I picked up my Director today, it's paid for and in my garage, I called for and chased answers for this 7year deal for the last week and struggled to get a straight answer, I even got the Holden guys to call my dealer to make sure all was in line, but the dealer was sticking to his guns around the passed on cost to him from the manufacturer, ie;Holden, in the end it was agreed it was based around the order date and I could opt out of that and opt into the new deal, but at a cost of $682( No GST ) regardless it's a great deal for the 4 extra years of full factory warranty and I really didn't want to sour the deal, it's hard to argue when a gleaming black Director is sitting about 2 meters away ready to drive off in, besides it looked like rain and I wanted to get out of there asap, it will be interesting to see any outcomes from the moulds issue, I got the chrome ones, but would be happy to get a set of Black ? Appreciate the update and good advice, Cheers Colonel

8. greenacc

greenacc Searching for the billion

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    So which way did you go? 3 years or 7?

9. Colonel6061

Colonel6061 Member

Members Ride:
    Director
    7 yrs mate

10. wrangle

wrangle New Member

Members Ride:
    MY17 VF 2 Redline
    With the helpful advice from this thread I've come to understand it and accept that my dealer is simply passing on costs. I think they should absorb it but can't get them to do that.

I have written back to customer care today making a case for Holden to provide me with same deal as the sv6 i.e. Charge the dealer $1 not $682 (mine is an October delivery redline). I also made the case that all limited edition vehicles should have the same offer as a show of faith.

426Cuda and Colonel6061 like this.
  11. zappaboy

zappaboy Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
    I have contacted Holden Customer care and have been advised that I need to pay $1300 for the 7 year warranty. My MSE was delivery Sept 22.

Below is the email from Holden Customer Care. I have removed some details for privacy.

Has anyone who has contacted Customer Care to enquire about the 7 year warranty have you received any feedback from them.

On Monday, 16 October 2017, 9:31:56 am AEDT, Holden Customer Care <holdencustomercare@gm.com> wrote:

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for your time the other day. I can confirm that you can opt in for the 7 year warranty due to just missing out on the promotional period. However, there will be a charge of $1300 if you would like to be included. Prices for vehicles vary month to month and to be included in the program you must pay the retail price for the vehicle for that month.

If you would like to go ahead, you will need to go into a dealership to pay this amount. Please advise which dealership you will go into and I will advise them before your arrival. You will then need to email me the receipt and I will update your vehicle's file for a 7 year warranty.

Yours sincerely,
    NXXXXXXXl
    Holden Customer Care

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  12. Thof

Thof JR Sen

Members Ride:
    MY13 VF SSV sedan - Phantom
    Hmm, I'm just thinking out loud that for my April built my 17 redline ute, Holden are helping me with my 3 yr warranty by saying they can now do 7, and of course state and federal statutory warranty rights :) And I don't have to pay $1300... which I may invest wisely in beer....

panhead and monstar like this.
  13. blackve76

blackve76 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
    South gate Holden in Adelaide have MSE in sog manual 67k, note 7yr warranty Inc this month

14. Chefie

Chefie New Member

Members Ride:
    MSE #1133 SOAG, Daily
    My MSE was delivered 21/9 and have raised it with HCC via phone, they advised last weekk there was a decision to be made this week ? I didn't receive a SRN and have no response from dealer or HCC, will call again today and request a reference number

15. Chefie

Chefie New Member

Members Ride:
    MSE #1133 SOAG, Daily
    Thanks for the update Zappaboy

HCC confirmed this morning that they will apply the 7 year warranty at a cost of $1300 payable to the dealer, Now to get the 3 year extended warranty credited from the dealer, The product that i was not advised is a allianz third party warranty ???? not factory

3rspecB likes this.
  16. jetfrost

jetfrost Active Member

Members Ride:
    Motorsport
    I received a call from customer care just a few minutes ago and they confirmed I can opt in the 7 year warrant by contacting the dealer at a cost between $800 to $1300. Gee I thought they would include this in since we were slugged a premium on the dealer delivery charge.
    "Still not happy Jan"

17. RTSV6UTE

RTSV6UTE Active Member

Members Ride:
    Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
    Hi

When did you pick up your new car?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

18. zappaboy

zappaboy Active Member

Members Ride:
    What was your dealer charges. Mine was $2995 which I think is steep considering all that was done on my MSE was a car wash, pre delivery check and test of the battery as I requested all decals be left on the car. I think some LE owners were even charged more than me !!!!

19. zappaboy

zappaboy Active Member

Members Ride:
    Hi all, can anyone confirm if the meeting indicated above actually occurred and if so any details

20. jetfrost

jetfrost Active Member

Members Ride:
    Motorsport
    Picked it up on Sep 23rd